Retail package for Shopify POS
If you are using Shopify POS to sell your products in person, you should consider if you need to include the retail package in your plan.
The retail package lets you manage your retail store with hardware integration, staff accounts, and the ability to accept various payment methods. It comes as an optional add-on to all Shopify pricing plans for an additional monthly fee.
Did you know?
When you add the retail package to your plan, the fee that you pay for it covers as many POS systems as you need — you don't pay for each additional cash that you use in your store.
When to add the retail package to your plan
The easiest way to figure out if you need to add the retail package to your plan is to decide whether or not you are going to need hardware in your store.
Shopify POS only
- take payments
- add cart or line item discounts
- adjust tax rates for products in the cart
- mark orders as fulfilled
- sync all of your customer, order, and inventory information with your online store using the Shopify app.
Shopify POS with the retail package
If you have a physical location and need to use retail hardware, you'll want to add the retail package to your plan.
Did you know?
With the appropriate hardware, Shopify POS, and the retail package, you can:
- print receipts
- store cash in a cash drawer and open it automatically by connecting it to your receipt printer
- provide customers with gift receipts
- create and scan barcodes
- create physical gift cards (Shopify plan or higher).
The retail package also adds features that help you manage your store more efficiently. You can:
- register shifts to track your daily sales and balance your cash
- create PINs for staff to log in securely when processing orders
- use the save cart function to retrieve a customer's cart later without losing any order information.