Shopkey is a keyboard extension for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. It lets you quickly add links to your products in messaging apps, on social media, and elsewhere online. After you've shared a product link using Shopkey, you can keep track of the sales that it generates from the Orders area of Shopify.
Before you start using Shopkey, make sure the following requirements are met:
- Your iOS device is using iOS 9.1 or later (check my device).
- You are on the Shopify Basic plan or higher.
- Your online store isn't password-protected.
You need to configure your device settings to make Shopkey available in your keyboard options.
To enable Shopkey:
Tap the Shopkey icon to open the app.
Enter the same account information that you use to log in to your Shopify store, and then tap LOG IN.
If you have more than one Shopify store associated with your email address, then the app will also ask you to enter the specific
.myshopify.com URL of the store that you want to use.
- From your device's Settings, tap General, tap Keyboard, and then tap Keyboards. You will see the keyboards that you have enabled:
- Tap Add New Keyboard..., then tap Shopkey:
Tap Shopkey in the keyboards list, then tap the Allow Full Access toggle.
- Tap Allow to enable Full Access to Shopkey. You can now use Shopkey in your messaging apps or on social media.
After you've enabled Shopkey, you can use it to access your product catalog from other apps on your iOS device.
To use Shopkey in another app:
Open the app that you want to use.
- When you're ready to add a link to a product, tap and hold the globe icon to select Shopkey from your enabled keyboards:
- Tap the image of the product that you want to share, or use the search option to find it:
- If you want to add tracking information to your Shopkey link, then tap the
...button, and choose the platform where you want to share the link:
- Send your message (or post to your social media app):
Your customers will be able to click the URL and see the product you shared in your store.