Connect a third-party domain to Shopify for your new customer account pages
For new customer accounts, you can create a subdomain that is based on your online store's primary domain name that points to your customer account pages.
The domain name that you create is a subdomain of your primary domain name that you use for your store. The subdomain becomes the primary domain name for your customer account pages, except for the login page. The login page domain will remain
Before you begin
To complete this procedure, you need to have the following information:
- your login information for your third-party domain provider account
- your domain provider's requirements
Step 1: Create the subdomain for your customer account pages
In this case, you start the process from the Settings > Customer Accounts section of the Shopify admin, rather than the Settings > Domains section. If you try to start from the Domains settings section, then you will not be able to create a subdomain for the new customer account pages.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Customer accounts.
- In the URLs section, click Change domain. The Change customer accounts domain dialog is displayed.
- In the Customer account domain field, enter a descriptive string that identifies the domain name as the one that is used for customer accounts. For example, if you enter the string
account, then you create the following URL for your customer:
- Click Continue. You are taken to the Connect existing domain page in the Domains settings.
- To change your domain provider account settings, click Follow settings instructions. You are taken to your domain provider's website.
Step 2: Create a new CNAME record in your third-party domain provider account settings
- On your domain provider’s website, log in to your account.
- Find the DNS settings or domain management area.
- Do the following.
- Create a new CNAME record.
- Change the Host name to the string that you created for your customer account subdomain name. For example,
- Point the CNAME record to
- Save your changes. You are returned to the Connect existing domain page in the Shopify admin.
Step 3: Verify that customer account domain is connected to Shopify
- On the the Connect existing domain page, click Verify connection.
- After your customer account domain name is connected and verified, click Back to customer accounts. On the Customer accounts page, a
Connectedlabel is displayed in the New customer accounts field.
It might take up to 48 hours for your domain to be verified.