Email hosting isn't provided on Shopify. If you have a Shopify-managed domain, and you want to send an email message from your custom domain email address, then you need to use a third-party email hosting service.
You can use the following third-party email hosting services to send email from your forwarding email address:
- Zoho Mail provides email accounts for your custom domain.
- Google Workspace connects to the Gmail platform for emails on your custom domain.
Connect Zoho Mail or Google Workspace email hosting to your domain
The process for connecting an email hosting service varies by provider, but generally consists of the following steps:
- Verifying your domain with your email hosting service.
- Copying the unique TXT code or meta tag.
- Adding the TXT code or meta tag to your Shopify admin.
- Verifying or activating your email in your email hosting service account.
For more information about connecting email hosting to your Shopify-managed domain, refer to the help documentation for your third-party email hosting service:
Before you begin
Before you can connect your email service to Shopify, you need to verify your domain and create your custom email address in your email hosting service, such as Zoho Mail or Google Workspace.
To complete this procedure, you need to have the following information:
- your login information for your third-party email hosting service account
- the TXT code or meta tag provided by your email hosting service
- On your email hosting service's website, log in to your account.
- Follow your email hosting service's instructions to verify your domain:
- Depending on your email hosting service, copy the TXT code or meta tag.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Domains.
- In the Shopify-managed domains section, click the name of the domain that you want to connect.
- In the Email forwarding section, click Switch to email hosting.
- Select your provider, and then enter the information that was provided to you when you verified your domain by doing one of the following:
- If you use Google Workspace, then enter the TXT code or meta tag.
- If you use Zoho Mail, then enter the TXT code.
- Click Save.
- Return to your email hosting service's website, and then follow their instructions to complete the setup process.
After you connect your email hosting to Shopify, you can connect your third-party domain to the Shopify SPF and DKIM records to help ensure that your email messages are delivered to your customers.