Facebook and Instagram by Meta quick guide
Facebook and Instagram by Meta lets you sell on both Facebook and Instagram while also providing you with important insights into your ad performance and customers.
To use Facebook and Instagram by Meta, your store needs to be on the Basic Shopify plan or higher. Before you can start using Facebook and Instagram by Meta, you need to set up a Facebook Business Manager that's connected to both your business's Facebook Page and an ad account that has an admin role for the Business Manager.
On this page
Requirements and eligibility
Before you install Facebook and Instagram by Meta you need to make sure your store meets these requirements.
- To install Facebook and Instagram by Meta you need to have a Facebook account and an online store. If you don't have a Facebook account before you install the sales channel in your Shopify admin, then you are prompted to sign up for one.
- Set up a Facebook Business Manager and your business's Facebook page. The Facebook page needs to be published.
- Every Facebook business page can be owned only by a single Facebook Business Manager but you can be an admin on multiple Facebook pages, and access them all using a single Facebook Business Manager. You need to be the admin of both the Facebook Business Manager that owns a specific Facebook page and the Facebook page itself to connect a business with Facebook and Instagram by Meta in Shopify.
- If you've never run ads with your personal ad account, then you need to create a new ad account inside Business Manager before you can create Facebook ad campaigns.
Facebook policies and processes
All products sold on Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp must comply with Facebook's Commerce Policies. If you want to advertise your products, then you must also comply with Facebook's Advertising Policies.
All products that are uploaded to Facebook and Instagram by Meta must go through Facebook's review process. If your product violates Facebook's policies, then your product might be removed from Facebook and Instagram by Meta.
To sell on Facebook, you need to maintain a good Feedback Score. Your Feedback Score is determined using feedback from customers who make purchases on Facebook products, including Instagram, and the Audience Network.
If your business receives poor feedback scores on topics such as delivery speed, product quality, or customer service, then the ads you run might reduce in capacity.
If your business receives a high number of negative then Facebook might show your ads less frequently on Facebook Commerce products.
Getting started with Facebook and Instagram by Meta
If you meet the eligibility requirements, then you can set up Facebook and Instagram by Meta.
There are three features that you can use to help you grow your business using Facebook and Instagram by Meta:
- Facebook Shop
- Instagram Shopping
- Stores that are based in the US can let their customers checkout on Instagram.
- Facebook Marketing