Facebook channel quick guide
The Facebook channel lets you sell on both Facebook and Instagram while also providing you with important insights into your ad performance and customers.
To use the Facebook channel, your store needs to be on the Basic Shopify plan or higher. Before you can start using the Facebook channel, you need to set up a Facebook Business Manager that's connected to both your business's Facebook Page and an ad account that has an admin role for the Business Manager.
Requirements and eligibility
Before you install the Facebook channel you need to make sure your store meets these requirements.
- To install the Facebook channel you need to have a Facebook account and an online store. If you do not have a Facebook account prior to installing the sales channel in your Shopify admin you will be prompted to sign up for one.
- Set up a Facebook Business Manager and your business's Facebook page. The Facebook page needs to be published.
- Every Facebook business page can be owned only by a single Facebook Business Manager but you can be an admin on multiple Facebook pages, and access them all using a single Facebook Business Manager. You need to be the admin of both the Facebook Business Manager that owns a specific Facebook page and the Facebook page itself to connect a business with the Facebook channel in Shopify.
- If you've never run ads with your personal ad account, then you need to create a new ad account inside Business Manager before you can create Facebook ad campaigns.
Facebook policies and processes
All products sold on Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp must comply with Facebook's Commerce Policies. If you want to advertise your products, then you must also comply with Facebook's Advertising Policies.
All products that are uploaded to the Facebook channel must go through Facebook's review process. If your product violates Facebook's policies, then your product might be removed from the Facebook channel.
To sell on Facebook, you need to maintain a good Feedback Score. Your Feedback Score is determined using feedback from customers who make purchases on Facebook products, including Instagram, and the Audience Network.
If your business receives poor feedback scores on topics such as delivery speed, product quality, or customer service, then the ads you run might reduce in capacity.
If your business receives a high number of negative then Facebook might show your ads less frequently on Facebook Commerce products.
Getting started with the Facebook channel
If you meet the eligibility requirements, then you can set up the Facebook channel.
There are three features that you can use to help you grow your business using the Facebook channel:
- Facebook Shop
- Instagram Shopping
- Store's that are based in the US can let their customer's checkout on Instagram.
- Facebook Marketing