Facebook channel quick guide
The Facebook channel lets you sell on both Facebook and Instagram while also providing you with important insights into your ad performance and customers.
To use the Facebook channel, your store needs to be on the Basic Shopify plan or higher. Before you can start using the Facebook channel, you need to set up a Facebook Business Manager that's connected to both your business's Facebook Page and an ad account that has an admin role for the Business Manager.
Requirements and eligibility
Before you install the Facebook channel you need to make sure your store meets these requirements.
- To install the Facebook channel you need to have a Facebook account and an online store. If you do not have a Facebook account prior to installing the sales channel in your Shopify admin you will be prompted to sign up for one.
- To use the Facebook channel your store needs to be on the Basic Shopify plan or higher.
- Set up a Facebook Business Manager that's connected to both your business's Facebook Page and an ad account that has an admin role for the Business Manager.
- If you've never run ads with your personal ad account, then you need to create a new ad account inside Business Manager before you can create Facebook ad campaigns.
- Your Facebook account needs to have an admin role on the Facebook page that you want to add.
- The Facebook page needs to be published.
- You can be an admin on multiple Facebook pages, and access them all using a single Facebook Business Manager. However, every Facebook business page can be owned only by a single Facebook Business Manager. You need to be the admin of both the Facebook Business Manager that owns a specific Facebook page and the Facebook page itself to connect it with the Facebook channel in Shopify.
Install the current Facebook channel
If you don't have the Facebook channel, the Instagram sales channel, or Facebook Shop connected to your store, then install the Facebook channel.
If you have the current Facebook channel installed in your store, then migrate to the current version. After you install the current Facebook channel, you can set up the following features: the Instagram sales channel, Facebook marketing, and Facebook Shop.