Set up the Google & YouTube channel
The Google & YouTube channel automatically syncs your products and relevant information about your Shopify store with the Google Merchant Center. You can then update your Google product feed directly from Shopify. For eligible stores selling in the United States, products synced to Google Merchant Center using the Google & YouTube channel can display in Google Shopping tab search listings for free.
On this page
Connect the Google & YouTube channel to sync your products
You can install the Google & YouTube channel from the Shopify App Store. Learn how to install an app.
After you install the Google & YouTube channel, you need to connect your Google account and Google Merchant Center account so that you can sync your Shopify products with Google.
Your store needs to meet a few requirements for the Google & YouTube channel to work. Review the requirements to learn if you need to make any changes to your online store or shipping settings.
- From your Shopify admin, click Settings > Apps and sales channels.
- From the Apps and sales channels page, click Shopify App Store.
- If applicable, then log in to continue to the Shopify App Store.
- From the Shopify App Store, search for Google & YouTube to learn more about the sales channel.
- Click Add channel or Add app.
- Click Connect Google Account, and then select a Google account or create a new one. You need to allow Shopify to access your Google account information.
- Review the setup requirements for your online store, and make any required changes.
- Select or create a Merchant Center account:
- Select a Merchant Account from the drop-down list. The Merchant Center IDs listed are the IDs associated with your Google account where your Google account is an administrator.
- If you don't have a Merchant Center account, then click Create new, and then create an account from Google Merchant Center.
- You need to verify yourself as the Merchant Center account owner.
- In the Verify it's you section, enter your phone number, select your country from the drop-down menu, and then click Get code to receive your verification code.
- In the Verify it's you dialog, enter the 6-digit code that you receive by text message to your phone.
- Click Verify.
- Click Select beside Target market to set up where you want to sell your products, and then select a target market and the language. Your store's currency settings determine the countries and regions available for you to target. The languages available are based on those supported by Google, and depend on your target market.
- Optional: If you're setting up for paid marketing on Google, then click Select beside Shipping settings, and then click the drop-down menu to select automatic or manual configuration of shipping rates:
- Select Automatically import shipping settings to sync your shipping rates from Shopify, and then click Save. Learn more about syncing your shipping rates with Google Merchant Center.
- Select Manually set up shipping settings in Google Merchant Center to set up your shipping rates on Google Merchant Center, and then click Save.
- Optional: Set your product title and description preferences for products synced with Google. Learn more about optimizing your product titles and descriptions for Google Shopping.
After you complete setup, products that are available to your online store automatically sync with Google. For eligible stores, products synced to Google Merchant Center using the Google & YouTube channel can display on relevant Google surfaces for free.
Learn more about syncing your Shopify products with Google.
From the Overview page in the Google sales channel, you can view your product listing and marketing information:
- Product listings: All of the products that are synced to the Google Merchant Center. Your approved products might be eligible to display for free across different Google surfaces such as the Shopping tab, Google Search, Google Images, Google Maps, and Google Lens. Learn more about listing your products for free on Google.
- Marketing: Access your Google Merchant Center account, where you can create Performance Max campaigns. Learn more about Google Performance Max.
Getting help with Google products
Contact Google to get help with the following topics:
- Your Google Merchant Center account
- Google Ads
- Buy on Google
- Google Local Inventory
- Google Analytics
- Other Google topics not supported by Shopify
You can contact Shopify Support to get help downloading the Google & YouTube channel or setting up products.