Setting up shipping rates and zones in the Shopify Collective sales channel
You can set up custom shipping rates and zones for your Shopify Collective orders. You can choose where you ship products and how much you charge your retailers for shipping orders to their customers. After you install Shopify Collective sales channel, default shipping rates are set up automatically for you. You can configure your shipping rates and zones directly in Shopify Collective.
If you use Shopify Collective automatic payments, then your custom shipping rates are automatically added to retailers' payments for each Shopify Collective order. Retailers that you're connected with can learn how much they will be charged for shipping by viewing your shipping rates on Shopify Collective.
On this page
Considerations for setting up shipping rates in Shopify Collective
Before you start selling using Shopify Collective, you need to review the following considerations:
- If you don't use Shopify Collective automatic payments, then both you and your retailer need to agree how you handle payments for Shopify Collective order shipping cost. For example, you can manage payments outside Shopify by sending an invoice or by a direct bank transfer.
- For retailers that installed the Shopify Collective app after April 3, 2023, a custom shipping profile is created in their store when they import your products for the first time with shipping rates that match your shipping rates in Shopify Collective. These shipping rates aren't kept in sync, but retailers are notified by email if you change these rates. The shipping rates that retailer's customers select at checkout aren't shared with you.
Configure shipping rates and zones with Shopify Collective
The shipping rates that you set up apply to all retailers that you're working with on Shopify Collective.
You can add custom shipping shipping rates for the following shipping zones:
- United States
- Rest of the world
For each zone you can specify how you handle shipping costs within Shopify Collective. You can charge a flat shipping rate, handle shipping costs outside Shopify Collective, or don't ship to a specific zone.
From your Shopify admin, click Settings > Apps and sales channels.
From the Apps and sales channels page, click Collective (Supplier).
Click Open sales channel.
From the Collective (Supplier) sales channel, click Settings.
In the Shipping zones and rates section, click Edit next to the shipping zone that you want to set up.
Select one of the following methods of how you want to handle shipping costs for a zone:
- To charge a flat shipping rate, select Apply a flat rate (recommended), and then enter a shipping rate.
- To handle shipping costs outside Shopify Collective, select Recover shipping costs independently of Collective, and then select an option on why you want to handle shipping costs outside Shopify Collective.
- If you don't ship to this zone, then select I don't ship to this zone.