Creating a wholesale store
Your password-protected wholesale store is created automatically when you add the wholesale channel to your Shopify admin.
The default site address for your wholesale store uses the following format:
https://your-shopify-store-name.wholesale.shopifyapps.com. You can change the domain of the address from the Preferences page in the wholesale channel.
Add the wholesale channel and create your wholesale store
A password-protected, separate wholesale store is created automatically when you add the wholesale channel to your Shopify admin.
Considerations for creating a wholesale store
Before you create a wholesale store, consider the following:
- Your store must be on the Shopify Plus plan.
- You must sign into your Shopify admin with either the Shopify store owner credentials or a staff login that has the Applications and Settings permissions.
- From your Shopify admin, click Settings > Apps and sales channels.
- From the Apps and sales channels page, click Shopify App Store.
- If applicable, then log in to continue to the Shopify App Store.
- From the Shopify App Store, search for Wholesale to learn more about the sales channel.
- Click Add channel or Add app.
Your wholesale store is created.
After you create your wholesale store, do the following:
- Make sure that there is at least one product in your store.
- Create customer accounts.
- Create wholesale price lists.
For more information about setting up your wholesale store, refer to the wholesale store tutorial.