Creating a wholesale store
Your password-protected wholesale store is created automatically when you add the wholesale channel to your Shopify admin.
The default site address for your wholesale store uses the following format:
https://your-shopify-store-name.wholesale.shopifyapps.com. You can change the domain of the address from the Preferences page in the wholesale channel.
Add the wholesale channel and create your wholesale store
A password-protected, separate wholesale store is created automatically when you add the wholesale channel to your Shopify admin.
Considerations for creating a wholesale store
Before you create a wholesale store, consider the following:
- Your store must be on the Shopify Plus plan.
- You must sign into your Shopify admin with either the Shopify store owner credentials or with a staff account that has the Applications and Settings permissions.
- From your Shopify admin, click the
+button beside the Sales channels heading.
- On the Add sales channel dialog, find Wholesale in the list of available channels, and then click Learn more.
- Click Add channel, and follow the instructions.
Your wholesale store is created.
After you create your wholesale store, do the following:
- Make sure that there is at least one product in your store.
- Create customer accounts.
- Create wholesale price lists.
For more information about setting up your wholesale store, refer to the wholesale store tutorial.