Ownership transfer in Organization Settings
You can transfer the ownership of a store in your Organization Settings. You can only transfer the ownership of a store. If you want to transfer the ownership of your organization, then contact Shopify Plus Support.
Considerations for transferring store ownership
Review the following considerations before you transfer store ownership:
- Your store can have only one store owner at a time.
- The store owner has complete access to every part of that store's Shopify admin and has several permissions that can't be removed.
Transfer store ownership
Transferring store ownership in Organization Settings requires that you be the current store owner.
- From your Shopify admin, click Settings.
- In the Organization section, click Users.
- Click your user name.
- In the Store permissions section, click … next to the store that you want to transfer ownership of.
- Click Edit.
- Click Transfer ownership.
- Enter the new owner's email address and name.
- Enter your password, and then click Transfer store ownership.