Receive an inventory transfer
When your inventory arrives, you can use a transfer to make sure that you receive everything that you're expecting. Receiving inventory means that the item has arrived, you have evaluated that item, and decided to accept or reject it.
When you accept an item in your transfer, the available quantity is added on your Inventory page. When you reject an item in your transfer, for example if it was damaged, it does not adjust your inventory quantity.
Make sure that you've enabled inventory tracking for your products and variants.
If you're receiving extra items from the origin location that were not accounted for in the transfer, then you can specify a greater number of items in the Accept column.
From your Shopify admin, go to Products > Transfers.
Click the transfer that you want to receive.
Click Receive inventory.
To accept items, do one of the following:
- manually enter the number of items that you're accepting
- click All in the Accept column to accept all for that line item
- click Accept all unreceived at the top to accept all quantities that have not yet been received and then click Accept and save
To reject items like damaged products and to ensure your available quantity isn't increased, do one of the following:
- manually enter the number of items that you're rejecting
- click All in the Reject column to reject all for that line item
- click Reject all unreceived at the top to reject all quantities that have not yet been received and then click Accept and save
If you have the option, then click Save.
The available quantity for your products is adjusted by the quantity of the product that you accept.