Log in to the Shopify POS app
Before you can use the Shopify POS app to process sales, a staff member with Point of Sale permissions must log in to the app with an admin username and password. After the admin staff member has logged in, POS only staff can use their PINs to log in and out of the app's lock screen.
Log in to Shopify POS
Log in with email
- On the Shopify POS app login screen, tap Log in.
- On the Shopify page, type in your admin username and password and then tap Log in.
- Enter your authentication code and tap Log in.
- Select the correct store and location to complete login.
After you've logged in to the POS, tap ☰ > Lock screen to return to the login PIN pad for other staff members to access the app using their PIN.
Log in with a code
You can log in to the Shopify POS app remotely so that POS staff members who don't have admin credentials can open the POS app on a single device at a specific location using their PIN.
After you log in remotely, have the staff member on-site lock the screen so that they can use their PIN to access the app using their own staff profile.
- Ask the POS staff member to tap Log in with code on the Shopify POS app login screen. This generates a code for this POS device.
- Ask the POS staff member to give you the code that displays on the POS.
- On your computer or mobile device, open the activation page and enter the code.
- Click Next.
- Enter your admin email and password and then click Log in.
- Click Log in again to confirm that you want to log in to Shopify POS on the other device.
- To complete the login process, ask the POS staff member to select the correct store and location on the Shopify POS app login screen.
After successfully logging in to the POS, ask the staff member to tap ☰ > Lock screen to return to the login PIN pad, so that the POS staff member can enter their own PIN to access the POS app with their own staff account.
Use a QR code to log in to Shopify POS
This feature was removed and replaced by logging in with a code. If your POS app version is 7.0 or earlier, then you can continue to use a QR code to log in to the Shopify POS app. However, it's required that you update to the latest version of the POS app every 180 days and log in with a code instead.
Use a PIN to access Shopify POS
You need to use your Shopify POS PIN to unlock and access the Point of Sale. If you've already logged in to your store using your admin credentials, then you can access Shopify POS by using your POS PIN on the POS PIN screen.
Every staff member must use a PIN to access Shopify POS. If you're the store owner or have the Manage Point of Sale staff permission, then you can create and manage PINs.
Staff members must use a PIN to access Shopify POS. To learn more about setting PINs, refer to Manage Point of Sale staff.