Log in to the Shopify POS app
Before you can use the Shopify POS app to process sales, a Point of Sale staff member must log in to the app with an admin username and password.
Log in to Shopify POS
Use admin credentials to log in to Shopify POS
If you're a staff member with an admin username and credentials, then you can use them to log into the Shopify POS app.
On the Shopify POS app login screen, tap Login.
On the Shopify page, type in your admin username and password and then tap Log in.
Enter your authentication code and tap Log in.
Select the correct store and location to complete login.
Use a QR code to log in to Shopify POS
You can generate a QR code so that POS staff members who don't have admin credentials can open the Shopify POS app log in on a single device at a specific location with their PIN. To generate a QR code, you must be assigned a role that has the 13 required admin permissions allowed.
Generate a QR code
Before you generate a QR code, verify the following:
- the POS-only staff member has a POS PIN
- the location has a POS Pro subscription
- From the Shopify admin, in the SALES CHANNELS section, click Point of Sale > Locations.
- Select the location that you want to generate code for.
- Click Set up QR code login.
- In the Email QR code section, search for the Point of Sale staff member who you want to send the code to, and then click Email QR code.
- Optional: If you need a staff member to log in to multiple devices at the same location, or if the code has expired, click Generate new QR code. Generating a new code doesn't impact previous codes, and they will still be valid.
Log in using a QR code
On the Shopify POS login screen, tap Log in with QR code.
Scan the QR code using your device's camera to complete login.
Optional: If you cannot scan the QR code, tap Use URL, enter the URL, and tap Next to complete login.
Use a PIN to access Shopify POS
You need to to use your Shopify POS PIN in order to unlock and access the Point of Sale. If you've already logged in to your store using your admin credentials, then you can access Shopify POS by using your POS PIN on the POS PIN screen.
Every staff member must use a PIN to access Shopify POS. If you're the store owner or have the Manage Point of Sale staff permission, then you can create and manage PINs.
Staff members must use a PIN to access Shopify POS. To learn more about setting PINs, refer to Manage POS staff.