Submitting shipping claims
If one of your shipments arrives late, damaged, or missing items, or is lost in transit, then you can submit a claim to email@example.com. The Shipping Specialist Team generally replies to claims within 3 business days. After they submit your claim to the shipping carrier, it takes between 10-15 days for the shipping carrier to process your claim.
Not all shipments are eligible for claims. Review the following guidelines to determine if your package is eligible:
- USPS First Class and First Class International labels don't include insurance, and so a claim is not possible for shipments using those services.
- All USPS claims must be made within 60 days of the mailing date.
- UPS service guarantee claims must be made within 15 days from the scheduled delivery date.
- UPS damage claims on shipments sent within Canada, to the US, and internationally must be made as soon as possible after discovery of the damage and no later than 60 days after the date of delivery.
- In general, UPS loss claims on shipments sent within Canada or to the US must be made within 9 months.
- In general, UPS loss claims on shipments sent to international destinations (other than to the US) must be made within 6 months.
- If your claim is for a lost shipment, then you must submit the claim after the timeframe specified by the carrier:
- USPS Priority Express - after 7 days from the mailing date
- All other USPS services - after 15 days from the mailing date
- UPS - 24 hours after the expected delivery date
- If your shipment wasn't scanned or properly accepted by the shipping carrier, then contact firstname.lastname@example.org instead.
Your email to email@example.com must contain all of the following information:
- a link to the order
- the shipment's tracking number
- a summary of the issue
- the first and last name of the customer
- the customer's phone number (UPS will not open a claim without this)
- a list of the products and their SKUs in the shipment
- the total product cost in the shipment
- the cost of the shipping label
If the claim is for a damaged shipment, then you must also provide the following:
- in the email to firstname.lastname@example.org, include a description of the original packaging
- in the email to email@example.com, include the shipping label
- if the carrier requests an inspection, then make sure that the package is available for pickup
The Shipping Specialist Team will email you the result of the claim. If your claim is successful, then the credit will be applied to your Shopify account. The account owner can view the credit in your Shopify admin by going to Settings > Billing and clicking the applicable invoice.