Managing inbound transfers in Shopify Fulfillment Network
After you create an inbound transfer in the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN) app, you need to edit the transfer to include tracking information and an estimated arrival time. You can also void any transfer that hasn't reached a fulfillment center.
Add tracking information and an estimated time of arrival
You can add the tracking number to a submitted inbound transfer in the SFN app. If your supplier is sending the transfer directly to the fulfillment center, then contact them for the tracking number. If you don't have a tracking number, then you must add other tracking information:
- If your shipment is less than a full truckload (LTL), then add a PRO number, which is the nine digit number used to identify a freight bill.
- If your shipment is a full truckload (FTL), then add a bill of lading (BOL).
The tracking number or information appears on the individual inbound transfer page. You can edit your tracking information after you save.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Apps > Shopify Fulfillment Network.
- Click Inbound transfers, and then open the submitted transfer.
- Click Add tracking.
- Select whether your shipment is Freight (LTL or FTL) or Standard carrier.
- Click Select arrival date and select the date that you expect the inbound transfer to arrive at the fulfillment center.
- Enter the tracking number, PRO number, or BOL.
- In the Services drop-down menu, select your shipping carrier. If your shipping carrier isn’t listed, then select Other, enter the service name, and then enter a Tracking URL.
- Optional: If your products are shipping in more than one box, then enter the additional tracking numbers into Additional tracking information.
- Click Save.
Void an inbound transfer
You can void an inbound transfer in the SFN app as long as the transfer hasn't reached the fulfillment center.
- From the your Shopify admin, go to Apps > Shopify Fulfillment Network.
- Click Inbound transfers, and open the submitted transfer.
- Click More options > Void.