Managing inbound transfers in Shopify Fulfillment Network
After you create an inbound transfer in the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN) app, you need to edit the transfer to include tracking information and an estimated arrival time.
The Overview page of your SFN app has an Inbound transfers with recent activity section that summarizes the status and arrival of your latest inbound transfers.
Add tracking information and an estimated time of arrival
You can add the tracking number to a submitted inbound transfer in the SFN app. If your supplier is sending the transfer directly to the fulfillment center, then contact them for the tracking number. If you don't have a tracking number, then you must add other tracking information:
- If your shipment is less than a full truckload (LTL), then add a PRO number, which is the nine digit number used to identify a freight bill.
- If your shipment is a full truckload (FTL), then add a bill of lading (BOL).
The tracking number or information appears on the individual inbound transfer page. You can edit your tracking information after you save.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Apps, and then click Shopify Fulfillment Network.
- In the Tasks section, click Add tracking information to inbound transfer.
- In the inbound transfer that you want to add tracking to, click Add tracking.
- Select whether your shipment is Freight (LTL or FTL) or Standard carrier.
- Click Select arrival date, and then select the date that you expect the inbound transfer to arrive at the fulfillment center.
- Enter the tracking number, PRO number, or BOL.
- Click Services, and then select your shipping carrier. If your shipping carrier isn’t listed, select Other, enter the service name, and then enter a Tracking URL.
- Optional: If you're shipping your products in more than one box, then enter the additional tracking numbers in the Additional tracking information box.
- Click Save.
Reviewing inbound issues
You can review if an inbound is flagged as having an issue in the SFN App. SFN might flag an inbound as an issue for the reasons outlined below.
|Damaged units||Products arrive at the warehouse damaged or deemed unsellable.||