Shopify Shipping with Mondial Relay
If you're shipping from a location in France, then you can buy Shopify Shipping labels from Mondial Relay. You can ship your products from a Mondial Relay drop-off location to pickup points within France. The shipping rates that you are charged are based on Shopify's account with Mondial Relay.
To ship orders to pickup points, you need to set up shipping to pickup points in your Shopify admin.
On this page
Considerations for shipping packages with Mondial Relay
Review the following considerations when using Shopify Shipping with Mondial Relay:
- Shopify Shipping with Mondial Relay ships domestically within France only, no international destinations are supported.
- You can't schedule pickups with Mondial Relay to collect your shipments through Shopify Shipping.
- To purchase Mondial Relay shipping labels, your store's address needs to be based in France.
- After the shipment is in transit, you can't reroute or intercept it. If your customer doesn't collect their shipment within 14 days, then the shipment is returned to the sender's pickup point.
- Your customer's billing address needs to be in France. You can't buy Mondial Relay labels for billing addresses that are outside France.
- Shipping claims for late deliveries aren't supported for shipments to Mondial Relay pickup points.
Getting your products to Mondial Relay
You can drop off your products at a Mondial Relay drop-off location. Find your nearest Mondial Relay drop-off location.
Domestic shipping with Mondial Relay
Mondial Relay doesn't have guaranteed delivery times, but they aim to deliver shipments within 48 hours after the parcel pickup in mainland France.
Mondial Relay offers coverage for lost and damaged packages of 23 EUR per kilogram, up to a maximum of 750 EUR.
Package requirements for Mondial Relay domestic shipments
The minimum values that Mondial Relay allows for domestic shipments are the following:
- minimum weight is 0.201 kg (0.44 lb)
- minimum length is 15.01 cm (5.9 inches)
- minimum width is 10.1 cm (3.9 inches)
- minimum height is 1.51 cm (0.6 inches)
The maximum values that Mondial Relay allows for domestic shipments are the following:
- maximum weight is 30 kg (66.1 lb)
- maximum sum of package dimensions is 150 cm (59 inches)
- maximum length is 120 cm (47.2 inches)
Mondial Relay pickup points
During checkout, your customers can choose Ship to pickup point as their delivery method, and then select the pickup point where they want their order delivered. Pickup points can be relay points or self-service lockers.
After the shipment is delivered to a pickup point, your customer receives an SMS or an email notification that their shipment is ready for pickup. If your customer doesn't collect their shipment from the pickup point within 14 days, then Mondial Relay automatically returns the shipment to the origin pickup point for free.
Review the following table to learn more about Mondial Relay pickup points:
|Relay point®||Local businesses, such as florists, bakeries, convenience stores, and hairdressers, that are part of the Mondial Relay pickup network.|
|Mondial Relay locker||Self-service lockers that are located near shopping centers, parking lots, and metro stations. These lockers are available 24/7, so packages can be dropped off or picked up at any time.|
Some items are prohibited from being shipped using Mondial Relay. To learn more about prohibited items, refer to Mondial Relay Terms of Service.
If you ship a prohibited item using Mondial Relay, then your shipment is stopped and held by Mondial Relay. Prohibited items aren't returned to you.
Requesting support for Mondial Relay shipments
If you're using Mondial Relay with Shopify Shipping and you need help, then you can contact Shopify Support.
Submitting a shipping claim
If your Mondial Relay shipment is lost or damaged, then you can submit a claim:
- Claims for damaged shipments need to be submitted within 48 hours of the delivery date.
- Claims for lost shipments need to be submitted within 3 days of no movement of the package.
To initiate a shipping claim with Mondial Relay, send an email to Shopify Shipping Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include the following information in your email:
- the order number
- Mondial Relay tracking number
- customer's phone number
- an invoice that shows the cost of your products
- if applicable, description of the damage and pictures of any damaged items or packaging are required
Disputing an adjustment
If you are incorrectly charged an adjustment, such as an adjustment for an incorrect shipment weight or oversized package, then you can dispute the adjustment within 14 days from the delivery date of the shipment.
When you contact Shopify Support, make sure to provide the following information:
- tracking number
- reason for the dispute
- any supporting documents or images that show the actual weight or measurements of the package