Shopify has two types of accounts with different permission options: account owners and staff accounts.
The account owner is the person whose email and contact information were originally used to sign up for Shopify. Only account owners can:
- Change pricing plans.
- Manage account details like store name, credit card, and account email.
- Create and manage staff accounts.
- Choose a new account owner by transferring account ownership.
- Manage payment options.
- Change billing information.
- View your Shopify invoices.
- Add or change integrations with third-parties like Google.
- Enable or disable two-step authentication for staff account logins.
- Access Shopify Capital settings.
- List a store on the Shopify Exchange marketplace.
If you want to cancel your account, then see Pausing or closing your store. If you want to cancel your account during your free trial and you haven't selected a pricing plan, then no action is needed. Your account will freeze at the end of your trial and you will not be charged.
If you are a staff member and you need to reset your password or to change your access permissions, then you will need to contact the store's account owner.