Shopify has two types of permission options: store owners and staff.
The store owner is the person whose email and contact information were originally used to sign up for Shopify. Only store owners can:
- Change pricing plans.
- Manage details like store name, credit card, and email.
- Create staff.
- Choose a new store owner by transferring store ownership.
- Manage payment options.
- Change billing information.
- View your Shopify bills.
- Add or change integrations with third-parties like Google.
- Enable or disable two-step authentication for staff logins.
- Access Shopify Capital settings.
- List a store on the Shopify Exchange marketplace.
If you want to close your store, then see Pausing or closing your store. If you want to close your store during your free trial and you haven't selected a pricing plan, then no action is needed. Your store will freeze at the end of your trial and you will not be charged.
To learn about staff permissions, see Staff.