Shopify has the following types of permission options: store owners, staff, and organization-level accesses.
The store owner is the person whose email and contact information were originally used to sign up for Shopify. Only store owners can perform the following actions:
- manage business settings like store name, credit card, and email
- change pricing plans
- update billing information
- view your Shopify bills
- manage payment options
- access Shopify Capital settings
- create staff or choose a new store owner
- enable or disable two-step authentication for staff logins
- list your store on the Shopify Exchange marketplace
If you want to close your store, then refer to Pausing or closing your store. If you want to close your store during your free trial and you haven't selected a pricing plan, then no action is needed. Your store will freeze at the end of your trial and you won't be charged.
To learn about staff permissions, refer to Staff.