If you want to try Shopify before committing to an active monthly plan, then you can sign up for a free 14-day trial. Your free trial begins when you first sign up, not when you start working on your store. You won't lose any of the work you complete on your store during your free trial when you choose a paid plan. If you choose a paid plan during your free trial, then you won't be charged any subscription fees until the end of your free trial period.
You can set up your store during the free trial, but you need to choose a monthly plan before you start selling your products or services. If you don't select a monthly plan at the end of your free trial, then your store will be paused and you will not be able to continue working on it until you choose a paid plan. If you don't choose a pricing plan during your free trial, then you don't need to take any action to cancel your Shopify account.
If you want to cancel your Shopify account during your free trial and you haven't selected a pricing plan, then you don't need to take any action. Your account will be frozen and you won't be charged for anything when your trial expires. If you choose a pricing plan before the end of your free trial, then you need to manually pause or close your store to cancel your account.
Sign up for a trial
If you want to learn more about Shopify Plus, then you can contact us and somebody will be in touch with you.
Get the most out of your 14 days
Shopify offers some great features to help you create and manage your store. You can use the free trial period as a way to get a good overview of how these features can help you sell your products and build your business.
Get the most out of your free trial by:
- Adding a few products and product details to make sure they display correctly on your online store.
- Creating a collection to organize your products.
- Setting up Shopify Payments or check that the third-party payment provider that you want to use is supported by Shopify.
- Familiarizing yourself with the Settings page in your Shopify admin to see how to configure taxes, shipping, and other sales channels.
- Visiting the Shopify Theme Store and the Shopify App Store to get an idea of what you might want your store to look like and to find any apps to expand on what you can do with your store.
If you decide to sign up for a plan during your free trial, then you can do so without losing any of the work that you’ve put into your store.