Manage sold gift cards
The Gift cards tab is where you can review and manage all gift cards purchased on your store.
Search for a gift card
The search bar on the Gift Card page allows you to quickly filter gift cards by Customer name or Gift card code.
Did you know?
After a gift card is issued, the full gift card code is visible only to the customer because gift cards are considered currency. You can see only the last four characters in the list of sold gift cards, but you can search by either the last four characters or the full code.
If you search by the full gift card code, then make sure that you enter it without spaces.
Filter gift cards
The filter function can help you organize and manage the gift cards on your Gift card page. Filtering is especially useful when browsing through a large number of gift cards and looking for gift cards corresponding to a specific set of attributes. For example, you could filter by "Status" set to "Disabled", which will return gift cards meeting this specific condition only.
To filter your gift cards:
Click on the Filter gift cards button
In the first drop-down menu, select one of the following:
- Initial value: Returns items with a specific initial value ($10, $20, $50, $100, etc.)
- Status: Returns items with a defined status (either Disabled or Enabled)
- Issued: Returns gift cards issued before or after a specified date
- Balance: Returns gift cards issued based on balance status (Full, partially used or empty)
Based on initial filter, apply the required condition:
Click Add filter.
To remove a filter, simply click the "x" button next to the filter condition.
View a gift card's detailed information
You can view detailed information about a specified gift card by clicking on the individual gift card code.
From there, you can review the card's detailed information, including:
- Remaining gift card balance: Amount of money left on the gift card for the customer to use
- Order number: The Order number created when the gift card was purchased. To access order detail, click on the Order number provided
- Customer name: Name of the customer
- Expiration date: The expiry date of the gift card (if applicable)
Did you know?
You can set or update the expiration date of a gift card by clicking on the Edit link next to Expiration date.
View a gift card's history
When visiting the details page, you can review historical information about a specific card. The History section displays a timeline of all events associated with the gift card.
Disable a gift card
You can also disable an individual gift card.
Disabling a gift card is permanent. Unlike a discount code, a disabled gift card can not be reactivated.
At the bottom of the gift card details page, click the Disable gift card button.
Email a gift card to a customer
Whether one of your customers has lost their gift card or requires a balance update, you can easily email an updated gift card to its original buyer.
From the Gift card details page, simply click the Email gift card to customer button. The email sent includes the gift card code and an updated balance.