Create wholesale customers
Creating a wholesale customer account is a two-step process that requires you to assign a customer to a price list, and then invite the customer to sign into the wholesale store.
Your wholesale store is password-protected, so no one (including the Shopify account owner) can access it without a wholesale account. A wholesale account is not the same as an online store account. A customer can't log into the wholesale store using their online store user name and password.
Before you begin
You must have:
- a wholesale price list that has a tag associated with it
- a customer and this customer must have an email address associated with their account.
Step 1: Assign customers to a price list
From your Shopify admin, click Customers (or press
On the Customers page, click the name of the customer that you want to invite to your wholesale store.
- On the customer information page, choose the tag that you associated with one of your wholesale price lists:
When you're done, click Save.
If the customer has a wholesale account, then they now have access to the price list when they sign into the wholesale store. Otherwise, the customer is added to the table on the Accounts page in the Wholesale channel, and you need to create a wholesale account for them.
Step 2: Invite customers to your wholesale store
- From your Shopify admin, click Wholesale.
- Click Accounts.
- Click the checkbox beside the name of the customer that you want to invite:
- From the Bulk actions drop-down menu, select Send invite:
- On the Send invitation dialog, click Send:
After you invite a customer, their status is changed to Invited and they appear under the Invited tab on the Accounts page. After your customers accept your invitation, their status is changed to Active and they appear under the Active tab on the Accounts page.
You can look up the prices that your customers are eligible for from the Accounts page in the Wholesale channel.