This section contains what you need to know about managing your Shopify account as the account owner.
If you want to cancel your account, then you need to pause or close your store. If you want to cancel your account during your free trial and you haven't selected a pricing plan, then you don't need to take any action. Your account will freeze at the end of your trial and you will not be charged.
The account owner is the person whose email and contact information were originally used to sign up for Shopify. Staff members can complete many tasks, but only account owners can:
- Change pricing plans
- Manage account details like store name, credit card, and account email
- Create and manage staff accounts
- Choose a new account owner by transferring account ownership
- Manage payment options
- Change billing information
- View your Shopify invoices
- Add or change integrations with third-parties like Google
- Enable or disable two-step authentication for staff account logins
- Access Shopify Capital settings
- List a store on the Shopify Exchange marketplace
If you are a staff member and you need to reset your password or to change your access permissions, then you will need to contact the store's account owner.
Learn about your account
- Logging in
- Manage your account
- View your Shopify invoice
- Account security
- Pause or close your store
- Staff accounts
- Shopify Capital