Buy on Google
Buy on Google lets customers buy your products and check out directly on Google.
Before you use Buy on Google, you need to set up the Google & YouTube channel in your Shopify admin, and activate Shopify Payments in your Payments settings.
When a purchase is made using Buy on Google, the payment is processed with Shopify Payments, and the order syncs within 30 minutes in the Orders section of your Shopify admin. You can manage your Buy on Google orders, returns, and payments in your Shopify admin. For more information on fulfilling orders in your Shopify admin, refer to Managing orders.
On this page
To use Buy on Google, ensure that your online store meets the Google Merchant Center requirements:
- You need to use Shopify Payments.
- You must meet the Google & YouTube channel eligibility requirements.
- Your store must be located in the United States.
- Your store must fulfill orders from the continental United States. This excludes Alaska, Hawaii, and non-state territories such as Puerto Rico, and Guam.
- Your store must always have at least one product available on the Google sales channel. To learn more, refer to Make products available to the Google & YouTube channel.
- Transit time must be set for all your products and shipping zones. If you use a third-party app to manage your shipping, then your transit time is automatically set to 14 to 21 business days.
- Tax inclusive pricing must not be active on your store.
- Automatic discounts must not be active for products that you want to sell using Buy on Google.
- Discount codes can't be used for products that you want to sell using Buy on Google.
Set up Buy on Google
For complete set-up instructions, refer to Set up Buy on Google for Youtube on Google Merchant Center Help.
Retailer Standards and seller ratings
To use Buy on Google on the Google & YouTube channel, your Shopify store needs to maintain good retailer standards, and achieve a high Google seller rating.
Refer to About Retailer Standards and seller ratings on Google Merchant Center Help.
Shopping experience scorecard
The Shopping experience scorecard program rewards businesses that provide excellent customer experiences. By meeting certain customer experience criteria, you might receive:
- The "Top Quality Store" badge, which displays on your listings and can improve customer confidence about buying from your store
- Prominent placement on the Shopping tab
Discounts are known as promotions in Google Merchant Center.
Learn more about creating and managing promotions on the Google sales channel on Google Merchant Center Help.
You can manage which discounts are available to the Google sales channel in your Shopify admin.
You can also manage your promotions in Google Merchant Center. Learn how to edit a promotion or change promotion status on Google Merchant Center Help.
Canceling fulfillment on an order that was placed by a customer using Buy on Google can cause errors in your Google Merchant Center.
To change the shipping information on an order placed using Buy on Google, you need to edit the tracking information in the order.
If you need to cancel a fulfillment because of an incorrect item, then you should cancel the order. After you cancel an order, contact the customer and create a draft order, or ask the customer to place a new order.
Learn more about fulfilling orders.
If a customer wants to return an item that they bought using Buy on Google, then they need to follow Google's process to return an order. Google allows for two different return window options: 30 days or 1 year. The option that applies to your business is determined by the return window that you select during setup. If you set the return window value to 30 days or less, then Google's return process allows the full 30 days for a customer to return an item. If you set the return value to more than 30 days, then a customer is eligible to return the order for a year.
After the customer initiates a return with Google, a return request email is sent to you. After you receive the return request, you can respond directly to the request by responding to the email, and provide a shipping label to your customer. From your Shopify admin, complete the return, and then select one of the following options in the Select shipping option section:
- To create a return shipping label for your customer, select Create return label . This option is available only if your primary location and customer shipping address are both in the United States.
- To upload an existing return shipping label for your customer, select Upload return label. On the Add return label page, upload the PDF or JPEG file for your shipping label. You can enter the tracking number and shipping carrier if you have this information.
- To create a return without any return shipping information, select No return shipping.
After you receive your customer's returned order, you can complete the return and restock the order from your Shopify admin. The Google & YouTube channel is synced when you complete a return.
You can only process full refunds for orders placed using Buy on Google. Partial refunds aren't supported for orders placed using Buy on Google.
If you offer a refund without a return, then refund the order from your Shopify admin. The Google & YouTube channel is synced when you complete a refund.
Google offers Google Guarantee coverage on all orders placed through Buy on Google. If an order has problems including not arriving, being incorrect, arriving in poor condition, or hasn't been refunded after a return, then Google refunds the order. To learn more, refer to Google Guarantee.
You can use customer information that you obtain from purchases using Buy on Google only for email marketing communication, and not for targeted advertisement purposes.
For more information on user personal information, refer to Buy on Google Merchant Terms.