Shop Pay Installments FAQ
Use this page to find answers to frequently asked questions made by online store owners.
Are there any additional costs to customers?
No. There are no additional charges, interest rates, or late fees. There is also no impact to your customers' credit score.
Are Shop Pay Installments transaction fees returned to me when I issue a refund?
No. When you refund an order that was made using Shop Pay Installments, you send payment back to the customer. However, the Shop Pay Installments transaction fee isn't returned to you when you issue a refund. Learn more about creating returns and refunds.
Can I adjust the price range available for Shop Pay Installments orders?
No. Shop Pay Installments is available only for orders between 50 USD and 3,000 USD, including discounts, shipping, and taxes.
Can I choose which products Shop Pay Installments are available for?
No. Shop Pay Installments can't be customized for each product because it's available for all products in your store within the eligible price range, excluding gift cards and subscription products.
Can I download the Shop Pay Installments logo?
Can customers purchase gift cards using Shop Pay Installments?
No. Customers can't buy gift cards using Shop Pay Installments.
Can customers purchase subscription products using Shop Pay Installments?
No. Customers can't buy subscription products using Shop Pay Installments.
How can I help customers that have a question or problem using Shop Pay Installments?
- If a customer has questions about their loan, making a payment, or managing their account, then you can give them the link to the Installments Help Center.
- If a customer has questions about Shop Pay or the Shop app, then you can give them the link to Paying in installments with Shop Pay.
How do I get paid?
After you've captured the payment for an order placed using Shop Pay Installments, you'll receive full payment for your order within 1 to 3 business days, excluding the fee incurred for using Shop Pay Installments. You don't have to collect payments from your customers.
You get paid by Affirm and your payouts are sent to the same bank account that you use for Shopify Payments. Custom payout schedules don't affect Shop Pay Installments payouts.
Learn more about receiving payments through Shopify Payouts.
How do I view orders made using Shop Pay Installments?
- From your Shopify admin, go to Orders.
- In the search bar, type "Shop Pay Installments".
- Review the list of orders placed using Shop Pay Installments.
How do I view payouts for Shop Pay Installments orders?
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings.
- Click Payments.
- In the Shopify Payments section, click View payouts.
- Click View transactions.
- Click Filter.
- In the Show all resources where field, select Payment Method.
- In the is field, select Shop Pay Installments.
- Click Add filter.
What happens when a customer returns an item paid for using Shop Pay Installments?
If the customer's refund amount is less than the amount remaining on their Shop Pay Installments balance, then the customer can expect one or both of the following:
- A smaller payment balance on the final payment
- Less future payments on the remaining loan balance
If the customer's refund amount is more than the amount remaining on their Shop Pay Installments balance, then the customer can expect to receive the difference as a refund to their original debit card or credit card payment method.
Learn more about refunding an order.
Which payment methods are accepted?
Shop Pay Installments is available for purchases made using a debit card or credit card.