This page was printed on May 18, 2022. For the current version, visit https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/inventory/transfers.
You can use transfers to record, track, and receive incoming inventory from suppliers or between your store locations set up. Transfers can help you to manage your inventory in several ways:
- You can record incoming inventory after you’ve submitted and confirmed your purchase order (PO) with your supplier.
- You can keep track of your inventory as you move it between your various locations.
- You can indicate whether you’ve received full or partial inventory, which allows you to process inventory at your own pace.
- Your product inventory is updated automatically after you receive the items in a transfer.
- You can see the number of incoming items and their expected arrival date right in the product’s details.