Set up Buy on Google
Buy on Google lets customers buy your products directly on Google while using Google Search, Google Shopping, and Google Assistant. After you set up Buy on Google, customers can purchase your products directly on Google. When a purchase is made using Buy on Google, the payment is processed with Shopify Payments, and the order shows up within 30 minutes in the Orders section of your Shopify admin. Before you use Buy on Google, you need to set up the Google channel in your Shopify admin, and enable Shopify Payments in your Payment settings.
To use Buy on Google, you need to make sure that your online store meets the Google Merchant Center requirements:
- You need to use Shopify Payments.
- You must meet the Google channel eligibility requirements.
- Your store must fulfill orders from the continental United States (this excludes Alaska, Hawaii, and non-state territories such as Puerto Rico, and Guam).
- Your store must always have at least one product available on the Google sales channel. To learn more, refer to Make products available to the Google channel.
- Shipping speeds must be set for all your products and shipping zones. If you use a third-party app to manage your shipping, then your delivery time is automatically set to 14 to 21 business days.
- Tax inclusive pricing must not be active on your store.
- Automatic discounts must not be active for products that you want to sell using Buy on Google.
- Discount codes can't be used for products that you want to sell using Buy on Google.
Add Buy on Google to the Google channel
Before you can use Buy on Google, you need to make sure that you set up the Google channel in your Shopify admin. To use Buy on Google, your store needs to have Shopify Payments enabled.
From your Shopify admin, go to Sales channels > Google.
In the Buy on Google section, click Get started.
In the Know Google's policies before starting section, review Google's policies and click I understand.
In the Activate Shopify Payments section, make sure Shopify Payments is activated:
- If you haven't activated Shopify Payments, then click Activate Shopify Payments, and then complete the Shopify Payments set up.
In the Connect a Google Merchant Center account section, select the Google Merchant Center account that you want to connect, and then click Connect.
In the Configure your product feed settings section, set up your Target market, Shipping settings, and Return window:
- To select your target market, click Select in the Target market section.
- In the Select a target market window, choose United States as your target country and language.
- Click Save.
- To set your Shipping settings, click Select in the Shipping settings section.
- In the Configure shipping settings dialog, select either Manually set up shipping settings or Automatically import shipping settings.
- Click Save.
- Optional: If you select Manually set up shipping settings, then in your Google Merchant Center, you need to input your handling time. Make sure that Checkout on Google (Buy on Google)] is selected. For more information about configuring shipping settings in Google Merchant Center, refer to Google Merchant Center Help.
- To set your return window, click Select in the Return window section.
- In the Set a return window window, enter the number of days that a customer can complete a return, or select Lifetime guarantee.
- Click Save.
In the Provide a customer service email section, enter your customer service email and then click Save. After you enter your customer service email address, Google uses your customer service email to send a verification email. You need to click on the verification link in the email and verify your email address.
In the Terms and conditions section, review Google's Buy on Google terms of service, and click I have read and agree to the terms.
Once active, Google reviews your account and products before approving you to use Buy on Google. During the approval process, it can take up to 24 to 72 hours for your account to be changed from Pending to Active.
Pause or remove Buy on Google
You can pause the Buy on Google feature or remove it from your Google channel. If you pause Buy on Google from the Google channel, then your settings are saved. If you cancel your enrolment with Buy on Google, then your settings are deleted.
From the Google sales channel, click Overview.
In the Checkout on Google section, click Disable.