Google Shopping app requirements
To use the Google Shopping app, your Shopify store needs to meet the basic requirements, and your store needs to ship to one of Google's supported countries. The Google Shopping app doesn't support Google beta countries. Learn more about the supported countries and currencies for Google Shopping from Google Merchant Center Help.
The currency that you sell in needs to match the country where you ship your products. When your Shopify products appear in Google Shopping ads, Google Merchant Center automatically converts the product price to a customer's local currency. Learn more about currency conversion for Google Shopping.
To set up the app, you need to have a Google account and a Google Merchant Center account. If you want to create Smart Shopping campaigns, then you also need a Google Ads account. If you don't have Google accounts, then you can set them up when you set up the Google Shopping app in Shopify.
To set up the Google Shopping app, you need to have a Google account and a Google Merchant Center account. Google Merchant Center is a tool that helps you upload your store and product data to Google and make them available for Google Smart Shopping campaigns and other Google services. If you already use Google Merchant Center to manage a product feed or create Google Ads, then you might want to review some considerations before syncing an existing Google Merchant Center account.
If you want to create Smart Shopping campaigns, then you also need a Google Ads account. If you don't have Google accounts, then you can set them up when you set up the Google Shopping app in Shopify.
Learn more about the different types of Google accounts from the Google Help Center:
To use the Google Shopping app, you need to make sure that your online store meets the Google Merchant Center requirements:
- You need a Shopify online store, and your store can't be password-protected.
- You need to add a valid payment provider in your Shopify admin.
- You need to add a Refund Policy and Terms of Service to your online store.
- You need to add your contact information to a page in your online store, and the information needs to be visible to customers. You need to include at least 2 contact methods such as email address, phone number, and mailing address. Contact forms aren't counted as a contact method by Google. Learn more about adding your contact information.
- You need to ship to one of the supported countries, and you need to sell in a currency that matches the country.
- Depending on the country where you ship your products, you might also need to set up your shipping rates to meet Google Shopping requirements.
- If you use an unsupported version of Shopify's Google Shopping app, then you need to uninstall the old app in Shopify before you can install the new version of the app. Learn how to migrate from the old Google Shopping app to the new version.
Check if your store meets Google Merchant Center requirements
During setup, you can view a checklist of tasks that you need to complete so that your store meets Google Merchant Center requirements. You can click the link beside a requirement to go to the page in Shopify where you can complete the associated tasks.
After you complete the required tasks, you need to log in to your Google account to sync your Shopify store with the Google Merchant Center.
Adding your contact information
The Google Merchant Center has strict guidelines for displaying your contact information on your customer-facing website. If you already have a contact page set up on your site, then make sure that at least two of the following pieces of information about your business are visible to your customers:
- mailing address
- phone number
- email address
Contact forms aren't counted as a contact method by Google.
If you don't have this information readily available on your store and you are unsure of where to display this information, then see Pages to find out how to add an About us page to you store.
Depending on where you ship your products, you might need to set up your shipping rates to meet Google Shopping requirements before you can use the app. Learn more about the required shipping settings from Google Merchant Center Help.
If you need to add shipping rates for Google Shopping, then you can choose to automatically import shipping settings from your store, or you can set up your shipping rates manually in Google Merchant Center. When you import your shipping settings from your store to use in Google Shopping, there are a few considerations to keep in mind:
- You can import rates to ship your products to only one country.
- You need to have a shipping zone set up for the country where you ship products.
- The highest rate set for the country where you ship your products is the rate that Google Shopping uses. This makes sure that the shipping rates for your products are accurate on Google Shopping, but it can mean that the products appear more expensive.
If you don't want to use these shipping rates, then you can set up your shipping rates manually in Google Merchant Center. You can change how shipping rates are set up for Google Shopping at any time.
Automatically import shipping settings from your store
When you are setting up Google Shopping, you select the country where you ship products. After you select your country, you can see if you need to add shipping rates.
If you need to add shipping rates, you see Shipping rates are required. You can automatically import shipping settings from your store when your shipping settings meet specific conditions:
- You need to have a shipping zone set up for the country where you ship products.
- The shipping rates that apply to the country where you ship products need to have a specified maximum amount, which means they can't they can't be listed as a dollar value and up.
Otherwise, you can adjust your shipping settings or enter a flat shipping rate for customers on Google Shopping.
- Go to Google Shopping > Overview, and then click Settings.
- In the Product feed section, click Select beside Shipping settings.
- Under Import method, select Automatically import shipping settings. Shopify tests whether your shipping settings can be imported from your store:
- If your shipping settings meet the conditions, then they are imported from your store and you're done.
- If your shipping settings don't meet the conditions, then they can't be imported.
- If your shipping settings can't be imported, then you can select Manually set up shipping settings in Google Merchant Center Learn more about setting up your shipping rates in Google Merchant Center from Google Merchant Center Help.
Google requires specific information about your products before you can publish them on Google Shopping. The Google Shopping app imports your existing product data from Shopify, but you might need to add some additional information before you can sync products with Google Merchant Center.
Most products only need the following information added:
Google also has specific requirements for the following product categories:
- Apparel & accessories
Product options, including variants, need to be in English to sync with Google.
Google Product Category
To make sure that your products are categorized accurately on Google, you should add a Google Product Category to products. If you don't add a product category, then Google automatically assigns a category to the product, but you might encounter errors. Read Google's guide to product categories to learn more.
Unique product identifiers
Google requires you to have a unique product identifier for each of your products. These identifiers let Google match your product with similar products on Google Shopping. If these identifiers aren't correct, then Google doesn't publish your products and your account could be suspended. Learn more about unique product identifiers from Google Merchant Center Help.
If a product has a GTIN (Global Trade Item Number), then you need to add it before you can publish the product. You can add a GTIN in the details of a product variant.
For products without a GTIN, you need to add an MPN (Manufacturer Part Number) and brand to the product data in the Google Shopping app.
Specific Google Product Category requirements
Google has specific requirements for products that are in the Apparel & accessories, Media, or Books Google Product Categories. When you select a category for a product in the Google Shopping app, you need to add this additional product information.
Apparel and accessories product requirements
Products in the Apparel & accessories category might require specific product data before they will be published. To determine if you need to include the product data, see Google Merchant Center Help guidelines for the following:
Media product requirements
Products in the Music, Movies, or Video games categories are required to have a UPC, EAN, or JAN as the unique product identifier. Learn more about Google unique product identifiers from Google Merchant Center Help.
Book product requirements
Products in the Books category are required to have an ISBN as the unique product identifier. Learn more about Google unique product identifiers from Google Merchant Center Help.
Getting help with Google Ads
Contact Google Ads Help to get help with the following topics:
- billing and invoicing for Google Ads
- policies, ad reviews, and campaign optimization
- setting up ad types that the Google Shopping app doesn't support, such as video campaigns
- Google Merchant Center
- Google Analytics
You can contact Shopify Support to get help setting up or using the Google Shopping app.