Creating Launchpad events
Create an event to schedule sales, product drops, and inventory restocks.
Before you begin
Before you create an event, make sure that you're familiar with the Launchpad guidelines and limitations.
Create an event
Open the Launchpad app from your Shopify admin by clicking Apps and then clicking Launchpad.
From your Shopify admin, click Settings > Apps and sales channels.
From the Apps and sales channels page, click Launchpad.
Click Open app.
Click Create event.
In the Title section, enter a title for the event.
In the Start date section, enter a start date and time. If you don't specify a start date and time when you save the event, then the event is saved as a draft.
Select one or more of the following options:
- To release new products, select Publish products across your sales channels, and then click Manage. This option makes a product available to a sales channel. Launchpad does not change product status and can't publish products if the product's status is Draft or Archived.
- To add inventory to current products or to previously unavailable products, select Publish products across your sales channels, and then click Add products.
- To offer products or collections at discounted or sale prices, select Apply discounts to your products and collections, and then click Add products or Add collections.
- To apply discounts to products or collections in bulk, select Apply discounts to your products and collections, and then click Bulk discounts.
- To schedule the event to end automatically at a specific date and time, select Set end date. If you don't specify an end date, then the event only ends when the event is ended manually.
- To use a different theme for the duration of your event, select Enable theme switching.
- To run specific Shopify scripts, select Enable line item scripts or Enable shipping scripts.
- To lock your store before the event, select Enable password page.
If you entered a start date and time, then your event is scheduled to run at that date and time. Otherwise, your event is saved as a draft.
You can access the dashboard during an event without publishing products or updating inventory.