Example Launchpad events
You can use Launchpad to run events such as sales, product drops, and inventory restocks.
You can use Launchpad to discount the prices of your products for the duration of a sales event. When you add products to your event, you can choose to add the following:
- collections of products and enter a percentage discount for each collection
- products individually and either enter set prices for the products or enter percentage discounts
Considerations for discounts
For the duration of the sale event, your products are offered to your customers at the discounted price. After the event ends, your prices change back to their pre-sale values.
For example, regular price for a pair of baby socks is $2 and its compare-at price is $5. You create an event that offers these socks at a 50% discount.
For the duration to the event, the socks are priced as follows:
- The price of the socks is $1.
- The compare-at price of the socks is $2 (the regular price of the socks).
Gift cards follow slightly different rules than standard products because they're considered a form of currency. If you discount gift cards for your event, then they are discounted by the amount that you choose. The value that they can be redeemed for is reduced by that amount.
For example, you add a $50 gift card to your event selling baby socks, discounted at 50%. The following occurs for the duration of the event:
- The price of socks is $1.
- The compare-at price of the socks is $2.
- The price of the gift card is $25.
- The value of the gift card is $25.
You can't sell a gift card worth $50 for $25 using Launchpad.
Considerations for bulk discounts
When you create a bulk discount, you have the following options:
- Percentage reduces the price of the products to a percentage of the regular price. This option applies to collections and products.
- New unit price specifies exactly what the price of all items will be. This option applies only to products, not collections.
- Fixed amount reduces the price of all items by a set amount. This option applies only to products, not collections.
For example, you create an event and set discounts for socks, which regularly sell at $5, and shirts, which regularly sell at $20.
- If you set a percentage discount of 50%, then during the event socks will have a price of $2.50 and shirts will have a price of $16.
- If you set a new unit price of $4, then socks and shirts will both sell at $4.
- If you set a fixed amount of $4, then socks will sell at $1 and shirts will sell at $16.
Create automatic discounts
- Create a Launchpad event.
- In the Discounts section, check Apply discounts to your products and collections.
- To add discounts to products, click Add products. To add discounts to entire collections, click Add collections.
- Optional: To apply the same discount to multiple products and collections, then click Bulk discounts.
- Optional: To specify discounts for individual products and collections, then enter the percentage of the discount or the new sale price.
- Select Percentage, New unit price, or Fixed amount.
- Enter the value of the discount that you want to offer.
- Click Apply.
Automate product releases
You can schedule when a new product appears in your online store and other sales channels. Product releases are also referred to as product drops or product launches. Releasing a product makes it available on your sales channels.
- Add a new product in your Shopify admin.
- In the Product status section, click the drop-down menu and select Active.
- In the Sales channels and apps section, click Deselect all.
- Save your new product.
Create an event in Launchpad and do the following:
- Select Publish products across your sales channels, and then select the products that you want to make available on the supported sales channels. This option makes a product available to a sales channel. Launchpad does not change product status.
- If you want to offer these products or other products at a discount, then select Apply discounts to your products and collections.
Automate additions to inventory
You can create events to update your inventory and to make products available to your online store and other sales channels. When such events end, those products remain available in the sales channels. Inventory amounts are not changed when an event ends.
The steps to update your inventory are the same as the steps to make products available to your sales channels.
- Create an event in Launchpad, and enable Publish products across your sales channels.
- Follow the instructions to increase the inventories of your products.