Managing your brand assets
You can add your brand assets to the Brand settings page and use them across multiple apps and sales channels. For example, you can add a logo that is displayed in your Online Store and Shop sales channels. You don’t have to set up your brand assets for every sales channel or app separately.
Considerations for using the brand assets
Before you start adding your brand assets, review the following considerations:
The brand assets that you set up on the Brand settings page are compatible with the following sales channels and apps:
- Online Store
- Shopify Email
Brand assets might not be compatible with some custom themes. If your theme is incompatible, then you can hire a Shopify expert to make your custom theme compatible with the brand assets.
If you already have some brand assets in your Online Store sales channel, then you can automatically add them from your Online Store to the Brand page.
You can add and manage different brand assets. Review the following table that overviews every brand asset:
|Default logo||A logo that is used for most common logo applications. A good logo is synonymous with your store name and crafted from your brand's primary colors. You need to use a PNG or JPEG file format with at least 520 x 520 px dimensions.|
|Square logo||An alternate version of your default logo that fits into a square format. This logo is used when the space for the logo has formatting restrictions, such as profile pictures. You need to use a PNG or JPEG file format with at least 520 x 520 px dimensions.|
|Primary colors||The primary colors of your brand, such as the colors your use on your online store or social media. These colors represent your brand and design. You can have two primary colors and one contrasting color.|
|Secondary colors||The supporting colors that are used for accents and additional detail. You can have two secondary colors and one contrasting color.|
|Cover image||A main image that supports and conveys your brand in profile pages and apps. This image helps illustrate your brand's story. You need to use a PNG or JPEG file format with at least 1920 x 1080 px dimensions.|
|Slogan||Your brand statement or tagline that describes your brand or products. A slogan is often used along with your logo in social profiles and marketing campaigns. Your slogan can be up to 80 characters.|
|Short description||Your brand or business description that is often used in bios and listings. Add your missions statement to your short description to help customer relate more to your brand and core values. Your short description can be up to 150 characters.|
You can create your brand assets for free, learn more about free tools to run your business.
Add your brand assets
You can add the brand assets that you want to use across your sales channels and apps.
- From your Shopify admin, click Settings > Brand.
- Optional: If you already have some brand assets in your Online Store sales channel and you want to add them to the Brand page, then click Add assets from online store.
- In the Logos section, add your brand’s logos:
- Click Add a default logo, and then upload a logo from your device.
- Click Add a square logo, and then upload a logo from your device.
- In the Colors section, add and select your brand's primary, secondary, and contrasting colors.
- In the Cover image section, click Add cover image, and then select an existing image or upload a new one from your device.
- In the Slogan section, enter your brand statement.
- In the Short description section, enter a description of your business.