Star Micronics TSP100USB receipt printer
To use this hardware with your Shopify store, you need to meet the following requirements:
- the all-new Shopify POS
- a compatible iPad that is running iOS 12.5.1 or higher, an iPhone that is running iPadOS 12.5.1 or higher, or a compatible Android device that is running version 7.0 (Nougat) or higher
Where to buy the Star Micronics TSP100USB receipt printer
The Star Micronics TSP100USB receipt printer is not available from the Shopify Hardware Store, but you can purchase it directly from Barcodes Inc.
Buy printer paper
This printer uses thermal paper rolls with the following dimensions:
- a width of 3 1/8" (80 mm)
- a maximum length of 230 feet (70 m)
For an explanation of how to load the receipt printer, see the guide in the manufacturer's hardware manual.
Install the Star Micronics TSP100USB receipt printer
The TSP100USB receipt printer connects to your network using a USB cable.
Connect the receipt printer to the APG Vasario 320 series cash drawer using the cash drawer cable.
Using a USB cable, connect the receipt printer to the USB port on your router. This makes the printer discoverable in the Shopify POS app.
After connecting your printer, don't forget to:
- Set it as the default printer (optional)
- Print a test receipt
- Test the connection to the cash drawer (if applicable).
Limitations when using the Star Micronics TSP100USB receipt printer
Shopify POS has an exclusive, 1-to-1 relationship with the Star Micronics TSP100USB receipt printer, which means the following:
You can't connect multiple devices to the same printer.
Shopify POS won't work with multiple printers at the same time.