Adding products to Shopify Fulfillment Network
Before you can send a product to Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN) for fulfilling orders, you need to add the product to SFN from your Shopify admin or SFN app. Only add products to SFN that you want SFN to fulfill for you, and that meet SFN's product eligibility requirements.
Product variants can be added to SFN from your store in the following ways:
- by adding products individually or in bulk from the Inventory tab in your SFN app
- by adding a single product or variant from the product page in your Shopify admin
Add products individually or in bulk in your SFN app
From your Shopify admin, click Settings > Apps and sales channels.
From the Apps and sales channels page, click Shopify Fulfillment Network.
Click Open app.
Click Inventory > Add products.
Select the product variants that you want to add to SFN.
Click Check eligibility.
If any variants have missing or duplicate SKUs or barcodes, then resolve the issues by doing the following:
- Click Review in the bulk editor, and then update the product details.
- Click Check eligibility again.
Confirm whether the products belong to any of the categories that are listed.
If any products belong to the categories that are listed, then remove those products.
Click Add products.
Add single products to SFN from your Shopify admin
- From your Shopify admin, go to Products.
- Click the product that you want to add.
- If the product has multiple variants, then click Edit beside the variant that you want to add.
- In the Fulfillment details section, click Add fulfillment details.
- In the Replenish notifications section, enter the number of days before your products run out of stock that you need to be notified so that you can send more products to SFN.
- Optional: In the Special handling section, select any shipping and handling attributes.
- Click Save.
- Optional: Add more variants.
Special handling attributes for SFN
Adding special handling attributes instructs SFN staff about how to handle your products when they arrive at an SFN fulfillment center. When you add fulfillment details to your products, you can select the following special handling attributes:
- This product is fragile - The product is breakable and needs to be handled with care.
- This product has shelf life - The product is perishable and needs to be tracked using the barcode and SKU.
- This product is lot controlled - The product is tracked and must be identified in case of a recall.