To print barcodes for use in your retail store, you'll need a barcode printer and associated software.
After you've completed the following barcode printing setup, you can print simple barcodes using the free Barcode Printer app, or you can print fully-customized barcodes using the Dymo Label software.
Barcode printing setup
Install the Dymo Label software:
Don't connect the printer to your computer until the installer prompts you at the last step of the installation. To connect your printer, follow the quick start guide for the LabelWriter 450 on the Dymo website.
Assign barcodes to your products
You can assign barcodes to your products using either or both of the following methods:
Assign barcodes automatically
Use the Barcode Printer app to automate the creation of unique barcodes for your products:
From your Shopify admin, click Apps (or press
Click the icon for the Barcode Printer app.
After the app opens, click Assign barcodes:
Choose one of the following:
- Assign barcodes only to products without barcodes. This generates barcodes for any of your products that don't already have barcodes.
- Overwrite all existing barcodes. This assigns new barcodes to all the products in your catalog (you can't undo this action).
Click Assign barcodes:
Assign barcodes manually
You can assign barcodes manually in a number of ways:
- by entering a barcode when you first add a product or variant
- by uploading barcodes in bulk as part of a product CSV file
- by editing an existing variant to add or change the barcode.
Editing a variant to add or change a barcode
To add or change a barcode by editing an existing variant:
From your Shopify admin, click Products (or press
Click the name of a product:
In the Variants section, click Edit for a variant:
Add or edit the barcode for the product variant: