Create the wholesale store
Create your password-protected wholesale store by adding the Wholesale channel.
Before you begin
- Your store must be on a Shopify Plus plan.
- You must sign into your Shopify admin with either the Shopify account owner credentials or with a staff account that has the Applications and Settings permissions.
Add the wholesale channel
To add the wholesale channel:
- From your Shopify admin, click the
+button beside the Sales channels heading.
- On the Add sales channel dialog, find Wholesale in the list of available channels, and then click Learn more.
- Click Add channel, and follow the instructions.
Your wholesale store is created.
Unlike your online store, you cannot log into your wholesale store right after it's created. Your wholesale store is password-protected, and no one (including the Shopify account owner) can access it without a wholesale store account. A wholesale store account is not the same as an online store account. You cannot log into the wholesale store using your online store user name and password.
You need to create wholesale store accounts for the customers that you want to sign into the wholesale store. To create these accounts, you need to create price lists, and then assign your customers to them. See Getting started with your wholesale store.
The site address for your wholesale store uses the following format:
https://your-shopify-store-name.wholesale.shopifyapps.com. You can find it in the Preferences page in the Wholesale channel.
- Wholesale store settings
- Create wholesale price lists
- Create wholesale customer accounts
- Wholesale price lists