YouTube Shopping lets customers buy your products right when they discover them. You can select which products to display to your customers as they watch your business's videos on YouTube.
You can manage your YouTube Shopping orders, returns, and payments in your Shopify admin. For more information about YouTube Shopping, refer to Get Started with Shopping on YouTube on YouTube Help.
On this page
Set up YouTube Shopping
To display your products using YouTube Shopping, you need to set up YouTube Shopping in the Google & YouTube channel. After you set up YouTube Shopping, customers can buy your products as they watch your YouTube videos.
To use YouTube Shopping, you need to make sure that you meet the following requirements:
- Your YouTube channel account email address must have owner/manager access to your YouTube channel.
- Your YouTube channel account email address must match a staff account with full permissions in your Shopify admin.
- Your YouTube channel must have a minimum of 1000 subscribers.
- Your YouTube channel must be approved for monetization.
- You must be located in a country where the YouTube Partner Program is available.
- If your YouTube channel is a music channel, then your channel must be marked as an Official Artist Channel.
- Your YouTube channel must not be marked as Made for Kids, or have a significant number of videos marked as Made for Kids.
- Your YouTube channel must not have a significant number of videos that violate monetization policies.
- Your YouTube channel must not have any strikes for violating YouTube's Hate Speech Community Guidelines.
Add YouTube Shopping to the Google & YouTube channel
Before you can use YouTube Shopping, you need to make sure that you set up the Google & YouTube channel in your Shopify admin.
If you want your customers to have the option to checkout directly on YouTube, then you need to have Shopify Payments activated. If you don't have Shopify Payments, then customers check out on your online store.
If you're eligible to use YouTube Shopping, then you can set up YouTube Shopping in the Google & YouTube channel.
You need to make sure that your YouTube channel account email address matches the email address that you use for your Google & YouTube channel. If you don't use the same email address, then you need to add the email address that you use for your Shopify account to your YouTube account as a YouTube channel manager. Refer to Add or remove access to your YouTube channel on YouTube Help.
Step 1: Connect your Shopify store to YouTube
- Sign in to your YouTube Studio.
- Click Monetization > Shopping.
- In the Add products from your store section, click Connect store.
- Select Shopify, and then click Continue.
- On the new page that loads, click GO TO SHOPIFY.
Step 2: Set up YouTube Shopping
- From your Shopify admin, click Settings > Apps and sales channels.
- From the Apps and sales channels page, click Google.
- Click Open sales channel.
- In the Your Google account section, log in to your account, or verify that the correct Google account is connected.
- In the Your Google Merchant Center account section, select or verify that the correct Google Merchant Center account is connected.
- In the YouTube Shopping section, click Get started.
- Confirm that your store and YouTube channel meet all the requirements to use YouTube Shopping.
- From the drop-down menu, select your YouTube channel.
- Confirm your Product feed settings.
- Review and agree to the YouTube Shopping terms.
- Click Complete setup.
When YouTube Shopping is set up, your YouTube channel displays on the Google & YouTube channel Overview and Settings pages.
Your products can be displayed on your videos’ watch pages and live streams. For more information on organizing YouTube Shopping on your YouTube channel, refer to YouTube Help.