Setting up Facebook for Shopify Inbox
The Facebook Messenger feature in the Facebook channel lets you connect Facebook to Shopify Inbox. After you activate the Messages feature in the Facebook channel, you can send and receive messages from Facebook with Shopify Inbox. Before you add Messages, make sure that you have a Facebook business page.
Add Messenger to the Facebook channel
You can add Messages from the Overview page of the Facebook channel at any time. If Facebook Shop, Instagram Shopping, or Facebook Marketing is already set up in your store's Facebook channel, then some steps might already be completed.
Before you add Messages to the Facebook channel, make sure that you have set up the Facebook channel, and that your Facebook page has a Message us button. To learn more about adding a Message us button, refer to How do I add an action button to my Facebook Page?.
- From your Shopify admin, click Facebook > Overview.
- In the Facebook Messenger section, click Start setup.
- Click Confirm to connect Messages to Shopify Inbox.
- Click Go to Facebook Page to set up your Messages button. Your business's Facebook page must have a Message us button to complete this step.
- Click Go to Shopify Inbox to log in to Shopify Inbox to complete your Messenger setup.
When a customer messages you on Facebook, you can now respond using Shopify Inbox.