Resources for businesses impacted by COVID-19
If your business is impacted by measures aimed at limiting the spread of COVID-19, then you might be considering making changes to your business or moving to an online store.
You can use the following resources to learn how to set up an online store, communicate with your customers, and deliver your products. If you're new to Shopify, then start by setting up a free trial.
Read more about Shopify's COVID-19 response.
Sell in an online store
- Get started
- Add your store policies
- Sell digital gift cards
- Add images, videos, or 3d models to products
- Customize your online store theme to add a size chart to products
- Offer an automatic discount or create a discount code
- Improve SEO
- Explore apps in the Shopify App Store that help you to move your offline store online.
- Explore apps in the Shopify App Store that help you to increase your online sales through marketing,upselling, bundling, and pre-orders.
- Hire a Shopify expert to help you to move online, or to expand your online presence. Learn more about hiring Shopify Experts.
Communicate with your customers
- Learn more about online customer service strategies
- Chat with customers using online store chat for Shopify Inbox, or through Facebook with the Messenger sales channel
- Install a third-party customer loyalty app from the Shopify App Store
- Explore apps in the Shopify App Store that help you to stay in touch with your customers.
Deliver your products
- Plan your shipping strategy
- Sell services or digital products
- Set up in-store or curbside pickup for online orders (eligible stores only)
- View a list of shipping carrier status pages
- Explore delivery and pickup apps in the Shopify App Store. These apps can help you to coordinate shipping and arrange local pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Hire a Shopify Expert to help you to set up the right delivery and shipping options for your store. Learn more about hiring Shopify Experts.
- Add a banner to let customers know how you are adapting your business due to COVID-19.
- Create a store policy specifically for COVID-19 to set customer expectations around shipping or to reduce support emails.
- Move your offline store online.
- Offer virtual shopping experiences to connect with your customers.
- Offer local delivery.
- Get your store ready for selling in international markets.