Use this page to find answers to frequently asked questions about Shop.
On this page
- What's Shop?
- Why do customers use Shop?
- How do customers use the Shop app?
- Is my store eligible to be featured on Shop?
- How do I get paid for Shop orders?
- What's Shop Pay?
- How do I set up the Shop channel?
- How do I use the Shop channel?
- How do I hide a product in Shop?
- How do I set up a post-purchase offer?
- How does order tracking work?
- What’s Shop Pay Installments?
Shop is a free sales channel that has two main components. The first component is the Shop channel that you can add to your Shopify admin. The second component is the customer facing side of Shop, which includes the Shop app and Shop on the web. Learn more about Shop.
Why do customers use Shop?
Customers can use Shop for the following purposes:
- Discover new stores and products: Customers can explore find new stores and products through Shop.
- Make purchases through Shop Pay: Customers can conveniently make purchases using Shop Pay, a secure payment method.
- Track orders: Customers can track their orders and stay updated on their delivery status using the Shop app.
- Get shopping recommendations: Shop provides personalized shopping recommendations based on customers' favorite stores and products.
- Receive customized deals and discounts: Customers can enjoy exclusive deals and discounts tailored to their preferences on Shop.
- Manage Shop Pay Installments: If a customer pays for an order using Shop Pay Installments, then they can manage their installments payments directly within the Shop app.
How do customers use the Shop app?
Customers can download the Shop app for Android or iOS. Learn more about the Shop app customer experience.
Is my store eligible to be featured on Shop?
To be featured on Shop, you need to follow the merchant requirements and product restrictions. Review the Shop Merchant Guidelines for more information about eligibility.
How do I get paid for Shop orders?
Purchases made through Shop are processed through Shop Pay, an accelerated checkout for Shopify Payments. Any Shop Pay purchases are paid out to your Shopify Payments account.
What's Shop Pay?
Shop Pay is Shopify’s accelerated checkout. Customers can save their email address, credit card, shipping, and billing information for a streamlined checkout experience. Learn more about Shop Pay.
How do I set up the Shop channel?
- From your Shopify admin, click Settings > Apps and sales channels.
- From the Apps and sales channels page, click Shopify App Store.
- If applicable, then log in to continue to the Shopify App Store.
- From the Shopify App Store, search for Shop to learn more about the sales channel.
- Click Add channel or Add app.
How do I use the Shop channel?
You can do the following after you’ve added the Shop channel:
- customize your Shop Store for Shop
- activate Track with Shop
- activate Sell with Shop
- manage product and collections availability
- create post-purchase offers
- view performance analytics
How do I hide a product in Shop?
If you're using the Shop channel, then you can use the bulk editor within the channel to manage the products that are available to the Shop app.
From your Shopify admin, click Settings > Apps and sales channels.
From the Apps and sales channels page, click Shop.
Click Open sales channel.
In the Catalog section, click Manage.
Click Manage product availability.
Select the products that you want to be displayed in Shop, or deselect the products that you want to hide from Shop.
How do I set up a post-purchase offer?
In the Shop channel, you can create, edit, deactivate, delete, or pause a post-purchase offer that gives returning customers an in-app discount that they can use at your store. Learn more about post-purchase marketing automation campaigns.
How does order tracking work?
After you ship an order, and provide a tracking number, your customer can track their order using the Shop app. Shop connects with shipping carriers to provide updates to customers throughout the delivery journey. Shop and Shopify are't involved in the delivery of goods and services, and all shipping related questions should be directed to the shipping carrier.
What’s Shop Pay Installments?
Shop Pay offers customers the option to pay in full at checkout, or to split their purchase into multiple payments. Learn more about Shop Pay Installments.