Building product collections
You can group your products into categories, known as collections, to organize them or make it easier for customers to discover them. Examples of collections that you can create include:
- clothes for men, women, or children
- items of a certain type, such as lamps, cushions, or rugs
- items on sale
- items in a certain size or color
- seasonal products such as holiday cards and decorations.
You can view, create, and edit collections on the Collections area of Shopify.
Create a collection
To create a new collection:
- From the Collections page, click Create collection.
- Enter a Title and Description for the collection. Use SEO best practices to help customers discover your collection in search engines.
- Under Sales channels, choose from your active sales channels to make the collection visible to selected channels.
- Choose whether products will be added to the collection manually or automatically. You won't be able to change the collection type later.
- If you choose Automatically select products based on conditions, then add selection criteria under Conditions. Read more about conditions for collections.
- Click Save collection.
- If you are creating a manual collection, then you will be able to add products. Make sure you click Save after adding products. You can add the same product to any number of different collections.
- If you are creating an automatic collection, then products matching your conditions will automatically be added. Choose a sort order from the drop-down menu, then click Save.
You can link to a collection in your online store navigation to help customers find it when they are browsing:
Edit an existing collection
To make changes to one of your existing collections:
From your Shopify admin, click Products, then click Collections (or press
Click the name of the collection you want to update to open its details page.
Make any changes, and then click Save.
Delete a collection
Deleted collections are permanently removed from your Shopify admin. If you think you might need a collection in the future, then you should hide the collection instead of deleting it.
To permanently delete a collection:
Open the information page for the collection you want to delete.
Click Delete this collection.
Click Delete in the confirmation box to delete the collection. Links to deleted collections are automatically removed from online store menus.
You can also delete more than one collection at once using Bulk actions.