Adding the Twitter sales channel
If you don't have a Twitter account, you need to create one before you can continue.
Before customers can purchase your products on Twitter, you need to add the Twitter sales channel into your Shopify admin, and then connect it to your Twitter account.
The Twitter sales channel will be deactivated on February 1, 2017.
Confirm your store's eligibility
Buy Now buttons are not available in Canada or Mexico. You can check for updates on their availability on the Shopify blog.
To be eligible for the Twitter sales channel, your Shopify business must:
- be a store in the US
- be set up to ship your products to the US
- have manual shipping rates set up for products (the Twitter sales channel does not currently support real-time shipping rates)
- charge in USD (change your store's currency)
- include an online store and at least one product (add the online store sales channel)
- be on an active Shopify plan.
Add the Twitter sales channel
After you've confirmed your store's eligibility for the Twitter sales channel, you need to add it into your Shopify admin.
To add the Twitter sales channel:
From your Shopify admin, click the
+button beside the Sales channels heading.
On the Add sales channel dialog, find Twitter within the list of available channels, and then click Learn more.
Click Add channel.
This creates a link to the Twitter sales channel on the sidebar of your Shopify admin.
Connect your Twitter account
After you've added the Twitter sales channel into your Shopify admin, you need to connect it to your Twitter account.
To connect your Twitter account in Shopify:
From your Shopify admin, click Twitter.
From the Account page, click Connect account:
- If you are logged in to your Twitter account, click Authorize App. Otherwise, enter your login information, and then click Authorize App:
- Before you can publish buyable tweets, you must review and agree to the terms and conditions on the Overview page by clicking Review terms:
- On the Account page, click Accept terms:
Twitter must review and approve your store before your product tweets can be buyable.