Apps for your Shopify store
When choosing an app for your store, begin by by asking yourself a few questions:
- What does my store need outside of Shopify’s core features?
- What would increase my sales (for example, better SEO, marketing, scheduled store sales)?
- What would make managing my store easier (for example, bulk print shipping labels)?
- How much do I want to spend on apps?
When you’ve decided what kind of app you need, you can look for options in the Shopify App Store. Just hover your cursor over the app graphic for a short description of exactly what the app can do for your store:
Find free apps
Many apps are free, including all those made by Shopify. You can search by price to find them on the app store:
Find paid apps
Most of Shopify's paid apps offer a free trial period, so you can try the app before you purchase it.
Some also offer tiered pricing, so you can choose an option that suits your budget. For example, if you have a small store, and you are just starting out, you can choose a basic plan. If your store increases in revenue, complexity, or size, then the app can scale to meet your needs.
Types of fees for apps:
There are three ways you might be pay for using apps:
- Monthly: some apps charge a monthly fee, often as low as $5.00 USD per month. Generally, the more complex the feature, the more the app will cost.
- One-time: some apps charge a fee when you install them. As with monthly app fees, the more complex the feature, the more the app will cost.
- Per-use: some apps charge a fee for every time that you use them. For example, if you choose a banner-making app and use it to make 3 banners for your online store over 6 months, you would be charged a fee for each banner.
Search for apps
This is the most direct way to find apps. If you know the name, the keywords, or the function of the app you want, enter it into the search bar in the Shopify App Store.
Use filters to find apps
You can use the App Store filters to get a list of apps by category, by price, by popularity, or by collection:
Browse for Apps by category
Shopify apps are organized by general function (for example, marketing, sales, social media), which you can find under the Category tab in the Shopify App Store.
By default, the apps within each category are sorted by popularity, but you can change this and sort them by release date by selecting Newest from the Sort by drop-down menu.
You can also sort apps by price. To see all the free apps in a certain category, select Free from the Price tab drop-down menu.
Browse App collections
The Shopify app collections are handpicked by Shopify as some of the best tools to help you launch, grow, and manage your online business. The selections are based on apps that are useful for shops in different stages of growth.
The choices for these collections are backed up by data. The apps Shopify selects for each group are the most used and loved by successful merchants in each specific stage of their business.
Because new apps arrive all the time, collections are subject to change every now and then.