About Shopify POS
Shopify isn’t only for ecommerce — you can also offer your clients a full retail experience with Shopify POS. Shopify POS is a user-friendly iPad app that lets merchants make sales in store. You can run it on its own, or sync it with an online Shopify store to track all your client's online, mobile, and in-store orders in one place.
We’ve assembled this collection of videos and articles to help you get your clients running Shopify POS in their stores.
Build the POS for your merchant
If you want to build the store for your merchant, you can create a development store to do so.
If a merchant wants to use the Shopify POS system in their physical store, they need to add the retail package to their Shopify plan.
Note to designers
When you build an online store for a merchant, you are also building their POS system. The merchant just needs to download the Shopify POS app and use their Shopify credentials to log in and explore. Shopify POS automatically syncs with the merchant's online store.
The Shopify admin is where merchants manage their POS system. They can access their Shopify admin from any browser to keep track of their customer information, Shopify account, and product inventory.
Here are some common tasks to review before using the Shopify POS app:
- Add products to your client's Shopify POS store
- Configure payment options
- Customize the HTML email receipt
- Activate gift cards
Shopify POS app setup
Refer a merchant
If you have a client who is interested in Shopify POS, there are a few ways that you can get credit for your referral and receive your share of revenue from that merchant:
- Provide your client with your referral URL (sometimes called a partner token) when they sign up for a Shopify account. You can find your referral link on the Referrals page of your Shopify Partners dashboard.
- Complete the merchant referral form. A POS Specialist will contact the merchant within 24 hours to answer any questions your client might have, and you will be associated with their account as the referring partner.
- Email our POS Specialists with your client's details. A POS Specialist will contact the merchant within 24 hours to answer any questions your client might have, and you will be associated with their account as the referring partner.
Become a Shopify POS Expert
Our Shopify POS merchants are looking for Shopify Experts to help them install Shopify POS hardware, set up their stores, and provide basic support as they grow their business. We’re looking for partners for our POS Expert marketplace where we match customers in need with Shopify POS Experts. Think you'd be a good fit?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you come across anything that isn’t mentioned on this page.