Create a workflow to automate common tasks in your store.
The fastest way to automate your business is to choose a workflow template and customize it. Flow templates are complete workflows that do specific actions and you can edit them to fit your business processes.
Explore Templates in Flow to find pre-built workflows that you can customize and use.
Many templates use app triggers and actions. To use an app trigger or action, you need to install the apps that built them. Go to connectors for Flow in the Shopify App Store to install an app that has built a connector.
After you add a template to Flow, you can review it and customize it to fit your business needs:
- Make sure that you change any email or Slack addresses so that your messages get sent to the right people.
- Review the message text to make sure that it matches the style and tone of your business.
- If a workflow uses Slack and you do not, then you can replace the action with one that sends an email message.
Creating your own workflows
If you can't find a workflow template that fulfills your business needs, then you can create customized workflows to run in your store.
Before you begin
Before you create a workflow, make sure that you're familiar with the workflow guidelines and best practices.
- In your Shopify admin, open Flow.
- Click Create workflow.
- Click Add trigger and then select the trigger that starts the workflow.
- Click Add condition and select the condition that must be met before any actions can be run.
- Click Add action and select the action that runs based on the results of the condition.
- Click Save and enter a title for your workflow.
- Click Preview workflow to test how your workflow runs in your store.
- Click Enable to turn on the workflow in your store.
This workflow runs automatically each time the trigger event occurs in your store.
View the results of your workflow from the workflow's page:
There can be a short delay between when a workflow runs and when its results appear in your Shopify admin.