Processing returns through Shopify Fulfillment Network
Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN) fulfillment centers can accept returns for orders that are fulfilled by SFN. You can only create return labels for US customers who are returning items to a US fulfillment center.
If a customer wants to return a product, then you can do either:
- Create a return label from your Shopify admin, and then send the shipping label to your customer. After the customer ships the product, the SFN fulfillment center processes and inspects the return.
- Set up self-serve returns in your Shopify admin, and approve or deny return requests as they come in.
If applicable, and you want to include a pre-authorized return label in all orders that are shipped to US customers from SFN fulfillment centers located in the US, then you can activate pre-authorized return labels.
When returns arrive at an SFN fulfillment center, SFN personnel inspect the products to determine whether they are in sellable condition. Depending on the condition of the products, SFN takes the following actions:
- If a product is in sellable condition, then SFN restocks the product to your inventory.
- If a product is missing a barcode or polybag, then SFN corrects the issue and restocks the product to your inventory.
- If a product can't be resold because of missing product packaging, then SFN marks the product as unsellable and doesn't restock it.
- If a product is damaged and can't be resold, then SFN disposes of the product.
SFN can process returns within 30 days from the date that you create a return label. If a customer doesn't use a return label, then you aren't charged for it. You're only charged for return labels that are scanned and accepted by a shipping carrier. SFN uses both USPS and UPS as carriers for return labels. If a customer is using a pre-authorized label, then they can return their order to the carrier on the label.
On this page
Activate return processing
By default, return processing is deactivated. To activate return processing, from the Shopify Fulfillment Network app, in the Returns section, click Activate. After activating return processing, you can customize your return settings. SFN will then appear as a shipping option when you create a return through your Shopify admin.
Deactivate return processing
To deactivate return processing, from the Shopify Fulfillment Network app, in the Returns section, click Deactivate. SFN will no longer appear as a shipping option when you create a return through your Shopify admin. However, returns that were created before you deactivated the feature will continue to be processed through SFN.
In this section
Setting up rules for products returned to Shopify Fulfillment Network
Returning unsellable or restricted items to Shopify Fulfillment Network
Set up the Loop integration with Shopify Fulfillment Network