About the Shopify Affiliate Program
The Shopify Affiliate Program includes bloggers, influencers, educators, and other people who refer their entrepreneurial audience to Shopify. The program is free to join, and allows affiliates to monetize their audience and earn commissions from each new Shopify merchant referral.
Become a Shopify Affiliate today
When you sign up for the Shopify Affiliate Program, you'll receive an affiliate referral link to Shopify. You can share this link with your audience through educational courses, your blog, social networks, or other channels. You earn income for every new customer that signs up for Shopify using your link.
You earn 200% of a customer's subscription fee each time you refer someone to Shopify. Depending on the Shopify plan that your referral signs up for, you can make up to $2,000 per sale. To learn more about the program's bounty structure, see Affiliate bounty.
Our affiliate program is free to join and includes perks like marketing materials and an Affiliate Manager who you can collaborate with.
Questions about joining the Shopify Affiliate Program
If you have questions about joining the Shopify Affiliate Program, then see the FAQ below. If you don't see the answer that you're looking for, then contact Affiliate Support by phone, chat, or email.
- How do I apply to the Shopify Affiliate Program?
- Does it cost money to become an affiliate?
- What is required to become a Shopify affiliate?
- Are there any restricted promotion methods for affiliates?
- Can I have multiple websites?
- How long does it take for my application to be reviewed?
- I don't live in Canada. Can I still participate?
- Do you accept payout methods other than PayPal?
- What should I do once I have been accepted into the Shopify Affiliate Program?
- What is the difference between the Shopify Partner Program and the Shopify Affiliate Program?
How do I apply to the Shopify Affiliate Program?
Click Become an affiliate to submit your application:
Does it cost money to become an affiliate?
The affiliate program is free to join. There are no monthly charges and no minimum sales requirements.
What is required to become a Shopify affiliate?
You need a website, blog, or an account on LinkedIn or Facebook that proves your identity. Your application might be denied if you leave the website field blank, or if the website you include is not live.
Generally, all websites can join the program. For legal and ethical reasons, Shopify reserves the right to refuse certain websites, including websites that contain:
- Pornographic content
- Direct linking through paid ads
- Toolbar or forced click traffic
- Incentives, GPT, or Get Paid To sites
- Coupons, deals, or discount sites
- Youth-endangering material
- Defamation or discrimination against a person or a group of people because of their religion, their race, their handicap, or other reasons
- Racist or sexist content
- Intellectual property infringement of others
Are there any restricted promotion methods for affiliates?
If you are sending paid traffic (PPC, PPV, Media Buys) to Shopify, then you need to send the traffic through a landing page or web property first. The Shopify Affiliate Program doesn't allow direct linking, unless you have written approval from the Shopify Affiliate team.
The Shopify Affiliate Program allows paid traffic as long as it doesn’t directly link to Shopify or use Shopify trademarks either in the ad copy or as keywords.
Can I have multiple websites?
Yes. You're welcome to promote Shopify through all web properties that you either own or are allowed to promote as long as you don't use restricted methods. Make sure that you include any additional URLs in the How do you plan on promoting Shopify? field when you apply to the program.
How long does it take for my application to be reviewed?
Your application will be reviewed within 48 hours.
I don't live in Canada. Can I still participate?
Yes, as long as you have a PayPal account. Payments are made in USD.
Do you accept payout methods other than PayPal?
No. The Shopify Affiliate Program supports only PayPal for affiliate payouts.
What should I do once I have been accepted into the Shopify Affiliate Program?
After you're approved to join the Shopify Affiliate Program, you'll get an email with some guidelines. To get started:
- Log into your account and review your information:
- Take note of your unique affiliate referral link.
- In the Settings section, confirm that your account information, contact information, and PayPal settings are correct.
- Review the Resources section to learn more about the Shopify platform.
- Include your affiliate referral link within a blog post, social media page, or within a Shopify training course for your audience.
What is the difference between the Shopify Partner Program and the Shopify Affiliate Program?
The Shopify Partner Program is for those who are building Shopify stores for clients, and the Affiliate Program is for those who are referring their audience to Shopify from their website, social media, or other channels. You can participate in both programs at the same time, but you won't receive payment from both programs for the same referral.
To learn more about the Shopify Partner Program, see Getting started.
Terms of Service
You can find the terms of service for the Shopify Partner Program in the Partner Program Agreement.