Examples of some handy workflows that you can create using Shopify Flow. You can also find examples by exploring our workflow community.
Workflows that run when an order is created
- Tag customers based on whether their order includes discounts:
- Add loyalty tags to customers based on the discount codes that they used at checkout:
- Easily implement loyalty and retention initiatives by segmenting customers with customer tags based on their lifetime spend amount:
Track the customers who converted from a specific campaign with customer tags:
Workflows that run when an order's risk is analyzed by ShopifyReceive an email when an order's risk level is high and tag the order. If the risk level is medium or low, then capture the payment: For the above workflow to work, your store must be set up to manually capture payments.
Workflows that run when an order is paid
- Reward your top customers when they create a large order. If a paid order totals more than $500, then add a customer tag and send a Slack message to your customer service team to send a personal thank you to your customer:
Workflows that run when an order is fulfilled
- Prompt your localized corporate sales representative to initiate an onboarding call when a wholesale order is fulfilled in their region:
Workflows that run when an order is refunded
- Track customers who have refunded items that are over $100:
Workflows that run when the inventory for a product changes
- When a product is almost sold out, send a reorder email to the vendor. This type of workflow requires that you check both the amounts before and after the inventory changes. If you check the amount only after the inventory changes, then the reorder email could be sent each time the product is ordered until the product is restocked.
In the above example, there are 6 t-shirts in the store. John orders 1 t-shirt. The inventory is now 5, so a reorder email is sent. Later, Karim orders 1 t-shirt. The inventory is now 4, but no reorder email is sent. If you omitted the Product variant inventory quantity prior condition, then another email would be sent after Karim's order.
- If a product is out of stock and it has a discontinue tag, then hide the product from the online store and remove it from your manual collections:
- Inform your customers when a product is out of stock that it has been reordered. Tag the out of stock product with a coming-soon tag. Edit your theme to display a message in the store that the product will soon be available:
Workflows that run when a product is addedAutomatically add tags to newly created products based on the product title. If a product's title contains the word T-Shirt, then add a t-shirt product tag and add it to a manual collection:
Workflows that run when a customer is createdTag customers based on their email addresses. If a customer is created and their email includes .edu, then add your educational discount tag:
Workflows that use template variables
For examples that use template variables, see Template variable examples.
Workflow examples from our partners and merchants
Explore our workflow community to see groups of workflows organized by triggers.
- Creating workflows
- Workflow triggers, conditions, actions
- Sending workflow messages
- Workflow guidelines
- What is ecommerce automation?