Store setup basics
Before you start, talk to your client about their vision for the store. You can create a basic or sophisticated store, depending on your client's goals and requirements. Make sure that you have a thorough understanding of what your client wants.
When you're ready to start building the store, you can follow this general checklist for merchants to make sure that you complete the basics.
Here are some things you can do to add value to the store:
- Migrate your client's product, customers, and orders data from another platform using the Store Importer app.
- Add multiple products at one time by importing them using a CSV file.
- Customize a theme. You can add value to one of the free themes by customizing it.
- Buy a domain from Shopify. You can help create a store's brand by using a custom domain.
- Create pages that describe the store. Common page types include About Us, contact information, FAQs, refund policy, shipping, privacy, and more.
- Work with your client to develop high quality images for their products. Review Shopify's tips for creating and uploading images.
- Review your client's tax settings or help your client to contact an appropriate tax expert. Many merchants need to charge taxes on their sales and then report and remit those taxes to their government.
- Add apps from the Shopify App Store. Apps allow you to quickly extend the functionality of the client's store.
More learning resources
- Take the Store Operations Fundamentals Partner Academy course. It's a 90 minute course that teaches you how to set up and optimize store operations using Shopify admin.
- Learn more about productivity tools for your Shopify admin.