Creating a development store
This page was printed on May 29, 2022. For the current version, visit https://help.shopify.com/en/partners/building-stores-for-merchants/creating-a-development-store.
Before you can create a development store, you need to have a Shopify Partner account.
- Log in to your Partner Dashboard.
- Click Stores.
- Click Add store.
- In the Store type section, select Development store.
- In the Login information section, enter a name for your store and a password that you can use to log in. By default, the email associated with your Partner Dashboard is used as the username, but you can change that if you want.
- In the Store address section, enter your client’s address.
- In the Store purpose section, select Build a new store for a client.
- Click Save.
Learn more about the features and limitations of development stores.