Creating a development store
This page was printed on Dec 01, 2023. For the current version, visit https://help.shopify.com/en/partners/building-stores-for-merchants/creating-a-development-store.
Before you can create a development store, you need to have a Shopify Partner account.
- From your Partner Dashboard, click Stores.
- Click Add store > Create development store.
- In the Development store use section, select Create a store for a client.
- In the Store details section, enter a name for the client's store. The store name is used to create the store's myshopify.com URL. This URL can't be changed.
- Choose the country or region where the client's business is located. This information is used to set up default shipping rates and recommend region-appropriate apps.
- Click Create development store.
Learn more about the features and limitations of development stores.