Shopify Plus Partner sandbox stores
Shopify Plus Partners can create sandbox stores for Shopify Plus, and use them to learn how to build on Shopify Plus and to create demos for prospective merchants.
Standalone sandbox stores can't be added to a Shopify Plus sandbox organization. If you want to create a sandbox store that's part of an organization, then you need to do it from inside of the sandbox organization admin. Learn more about Shopify Plus sandbox organizations.
Features and limitations
Sandbox stores include most of the features that are available on the Shopify Plus plan. This store is branded Shopify Plus, just like regular merchant stores.
You can do the following while using a sandbox store:
- Make an unlimited number of test purchases through the bogus gateway payment provider.
- Process an unlimited number of test orders.
- Create an unlimited number of unique products.
- Access Shopify Plus features in the admin, such as the Wholesale channel.
- Access Shopify Plus apps, such as Launchpad and Transporter.
- Use Shopify Plus API call rates.
- Access custom checkouts. Ask your Partner Manager to enable this feature.
- Install paid apps. You can install and pay for as many apps as you want in a sandbox store.
- Process 500 real orders.
- Create an unlimited amount of custom apps instead of 10.
Sandbox stores are different from Shopify Plus stores in the following ways:
- You can access only the sandbox version of Avalara AvaTax.
- Your sandbox store can't use Extended Validation SSL Certificates (also known as EV SSL).
- A sandbox store is for development purposes only. You cannot convert a sandbox store to a Shopify or Shopify Plus store.
Creating sandbox stores
Before you can create a development store, you need to have a Shopify Plus partner account.
- Log in to your Partner Dashboard.
- Click Stores.
- Click Add store.
- In the Store type section, select Shopify Plus sandbox store.
- In the Login information section, enter a name for your store and a password that you can use to log in. By default, the email associated with your Partner Dashboard is used as the username, but you can change that if you want.
- Click Save.