Getting started with Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN)
This page was printed on Mar 22, 2023. For the current version, visit https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/shopify-fulfillment-network/sfn-overview/getting-started.
Before you begin using Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN), you need to prepare your products and business in your Shopify admin. Preparing your products in advance helps to ensure that the fulfillment centers are ready to receive your inventory. When your products are accurately prepared, SFN personnel are able to process your products and fulfill orders more quickly.
To prepare your business to start fulfilling orders with SFN, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your products are eligible for the SFN.
- Assign SKUs and barcodes to your products and variants.
- Upload your products to the SFN app.
- Create an inbound transfer in the SFN app.
- Pack and label your products.
- Send your products to a Shopify Fulfillment Center location.
- Set up your shipping rates for SFN in the Shipping section of your Shopify admin:
- Set up shipping profiles.
- Set up your locations.
If you want to fulfill orders in Canada, then you need to complete additional steps. Learn more about fulfilling in Canada.